Drivers window

Greg O

2010 Lacrosse
I recently purchased a 2010 LaCross with 100,000 miles. There are 2 issues going on that might be related. The radio and accessories will not shut off when I remove the key and open the drivers door. After it times out in 5 minutes or so it shuts off.
The second issue, the drivers window would not come up . I let the car sit till the accessories timed out. I turned the car on and then the window went up. The other day I put the window down, and it came up part way then stopped. It did that 2 or 3 times till it reached the top. Now the window will not come down, even after letting the car sit for 10 minutes.

MelsRegal

Staff member
Regal GS 2017
Could be the switch in the door latch mechanism not recognizing the open door. The window issue could be caused by a number of issues including the wire harness connecting the door to the body of the car.

Greg O

2010 Lacrosse
Is the window controlled by a module, or is it strictly analog?

Greg O

2010 Lacrosse
Update... this morning I started the car, then shut it off and opened the door, the radio went off. So I started the car again and the window worked up and down. I shut the engine off, window still worked, and radio went off when I opened the door. So I tried it again, started the engine, but this time the window would not work and the radio would not shut off when opening the door. To me it seems the 2 issues must be related. Could it be a module? Are both controlled by the same module?

Greg O

2010 Lacrosse
Today the window works with the engine on, but not in accessory mode. The other 3 windows work. Radio still won't turn off.

joeaustin2724

2010 lacrosse cxs
We have a 2010 LaCrosse with the same issues. I have read the posts above and would think that the door latch would not stop the window from going up or down. I can see the radio working incorrectly with a defective door latch. I took our drivers door apart and the window worked for 5 or 6 cycles. then stopped in the full down position. Bummer. disconnected the window motor connector and door switch thinking that it might help. No Joy. Tapped on the motor and the switch body hoping that vibration might make it go up. No joy. Still working the issue

Greg O

2010 Lacrosse
We have a 2010 LaCrosse with the same issues. I have read the posts above and would think that the door latch would not stop the window from going up or down. I can see the radio working incorrectly with a defective door latch. I took our drivers door apart and the window worked for 5 or 6 cycles. then stopped in the full down position. Bummer. disconnected the window motor connector and door switch thinking that it might help. No Joy. Tapped on the motor and the switch body hoping that vibration might make it go up. No joy. Still working the issue
I believe I have 2 separate issues. The window and the door switch. When the window quits operating, once everything shuts down it will work again for an undetermined amount of time. Opening the door should shut everything down, but 99% of the time it doesn't. That acts like a door switch. But the window issue seems like it could be a module acting up. When the module "reboots" the window will work for awhile. I have pretty well ruled out a wire harness, by sitting in the car till everything shuts down, without opening the door. Then the window works again.

joeaustin2724

2010 lacrosse cxs
We have fixed the problem. We had drivers window was intermittent, dome light would not work with the door open. Radio would not shut off with the car off and the drivers door open, intermittent drivers door ajar message. Dealer said that the main car battery could be the issue. Technician cleaned the battery terminals and all is working again. When I was doing other maintenance about a week ago. they did not look bad to me. Hope this helps someone.

Greg O

2010 Lacrosse
We have fixed the problem. We had drivers window was intermittent, dome light would not work with the door open. Radio would not shut off with the car off and the drivers door open, intermittent drivers door ajar message. Dealer said that the main car battery could be the issue. Technician cleaned the battery terminals and all is working again. When I was doing other maintenance about a week ago. they did not look bad to me. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for the response. I will check that out. Sometimes the simplest of things can cause big problems. I have only had this car a couple of months, and I have always thought it cranks a little slow. I have all maintenance records and it shows the battery is about 3 years old. I will start there.

Greg O

2010 Lacrosse
24 hours later...drivers window will not go down. Everything else seems to be working though. A tad frustrated
To me it seems like a module somewhere. When my window does work, it only works when the engine is running. It will not work with the engine off, even with the switch in run position. You are right it is frustrating.

joeaustin2724

2010 lacrosse cxs
My window stops and will not move again for a while. I have tried opening and closing the door while holding the window switch and no joy. No difference whether the engine is running or not. Calling the dealer again tomorrow. By the way, I have changed the window switch module and the door latch. No change in issue. The door latch was a bugger.

Greg O

2010 Lacrosse
The radio and all accessories will usually shut off if the door is wide open before I shut the engine off. If I shut the engine off first the open the door, everything stays on till it times out.

joeaustin2724

2010 lacrosse cxs
Still having the issue. Dealer said it was the door wiring harness. Could be grasping at straws at this point. I have order a door wiring harness. The radio had been working just fine, meaning shut the engine off and open the door and the radio goes off, just like it has been for many years. Not today. The radio stays on unless you turn it off. It would probably go off if I let it times out, but haven't done that. Ordered a wiring harness a while ago, checking on the status tonight. Maybe covid related. This car has been great until two months ago. Nothing seems reliable now. Frustrated a bit.

joeaustin2724

2010 lacrosse cxs
More info to report...I ordered a wiring harness and it is back ordered. I canceled the order for now. But going through the old dealer receipts, I saw a note from the tech stating that he disconnected the door wiring harness and reconnected it and all the problems went away. So I did this and the window worked for one day. That told me that the harness is not defective but the connector. I have ordered some conductive paste that I will smear into the connector pin holes and trying to not smear it on everything else to avoid some electrical contacts that are not suppose to be connected. Waiting on the paste.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!