• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Drivers window

Greg O

Buick Ownership
2010 Lacrosse
I recently purchased a 2010 LaCross with 100,000 miles. There are 2 issues going on that might be related. The radio and accessories will not shut off when I remove the key and open the drivers door. After it times out in 5 minutes or so it shuts off.
The second issue, the drivers window would not come up . I let the car sit till the accessories timed out. I turned the car on and then the window went up. The other day I put the window down, and it came up part way then stopped. It did that 2 or 3 times till it reached the top. Now the window will not come down, even after letting the car sit for 10 minutes.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Could be the switch in the door latch mechanism not recognizing the open door. The window issue could be caused by a number of issues including the wire harness connecting the door to the body of the car.

Greg O

Buick Ownership
2010 Lacrosse
Is the window controlled by a module, or is it strictly analog?

Greg O

Buick Ownership
2010 Lacrosse
Update... this morning I started the car, then shut it off and opened the door, the radio went off. So I started the car again and the window worked up and down. I shut the engine off, window still worked, and radio went off when I opened the door. So I tried it again, started the engine, but this time the window would not work and the radio would not shut off when opening the door. To me it seems the 2 issues must be related. Could it be a module? Are both controlled by the same module?

Greg O

Buick Ownership
2010 Lacrosse
Today the window works with the engine on, but not in accessory mode. The other 3 windows work. Radio still won't turn off.

Turbo Buick Badge