• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

DSP Setup without CD Player?

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
Speaking of old auto audio, today's built-in CarPlay and Android Auto with USB and Bluetooth inputs has pretty much eliminated the need for those inline FM tuners that sit between the factory antenna plug and the back of your radio. I remember having a box which I wired a 3mm headphone plug in order to play music from a portable Sony CD player in my 1985 Toyota Supra. That and a huge amp plus a pair of Bazooka Bass tubes where my 5x7 rear factory speakers were retrofitted with much better speakers.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence
Well I guess I’m the only one interested in upgrading the Sportback sound system. I’ve purchased all of my components except for a sub enclosure and wiring.

We finally had a day with no rain, so I was riding around this evening with the sunroof open and the front windows down and I realized just how bad the Bose system sounds. The tweeters are just garbage and the sub isn’t much better. I can’t wait to get my Infinity speakers installed.

As for home audio, I guess I’m also the only one interested in the newer stuff like Dolby Atmos. I have a 2006 model Integra receiver in my bedroom and a 2012 model Onkyo receiver in the living room. The Onkyo only does 4K/30 and neither of them have Atmos. I’m also into home automation.

6APPEAL

Deep South
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National
The only shop I trust locally is insanely busy. I have a friend in Mobile, AL who is "retired" from car audio but still does some projects. He may be able to do the project, but no solid answer. Another friend in Florence, AL had his shop burn to the ground. He is out of car audio and is now doing hi end custom home theater/audio. Another friend in Little Rock is out of car audio. It is stupid hard to find a good shop that can get you in.

Like you, I have the vast majority of equipment and install supplies. I just don't have the time to dedicate to doing the install myself.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
The only shop I trust locally is insanely busy. I have a friend in Mobile, AL who is "retired" from car audio but still does some projects. He may be able to do the project, but no solid answer. Another friend in Florence, AL had his shop burn to the ground. He is out of car audio and is now doing hi end custom home theater/audio. Another friend in Little Rock is out of car audio. It is stupid hard to find a good shop that can get you in.

Like you, I have the vast majority of equipment and install supplies. I just don't have the time to dedicate to doing the install myself.
My solution to find the time to do projects is to just retire... end of August... I've already started working earnestly on knocking off some of these projects between zoom calls.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence

Your friend that got out of car audio and is now doing high end homes... he realized there's a helluva lot more people willing to spend $25K for home audio/video/automation than car audio. Same thing happened to the guys I used to work for. Average ticket was about $20K and we did about 10 homes per year with $100K or more in A/V.

The only reason I'm able to spend time on car projects is because I'm single with no kids. My friends tell me how lucky I am, but none of them know what it's like to have to handle EVERYTHING by yourself. It gets old really quick. I also have the luxury of using my work vehicle if for some reason I'm unable to complete any given project over the weekend.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners