Easy Exit Drivers Seat

TheAirman

Buick Ownership
2013 Encore Premium
My drivers seat stopped moving back when I removed the key and opened the door, and it had me stumped.

After locking the car with the remote, and turning on and turning off the setting in the computer, nothing was working. It just didn't move back anymore.

Then I noticed I had left the outside door mirror switch in the right mirror position. I was trying to adjust the passenger mirror on the way to work the other day and left it there.

When I put the mirror switch back to the center "off" position, my drivers seat magically started to work again.

Just a weird tip I thought I'd share.

rgt50wood

Buick Ownership
2014 White Encore Premium FWD
TheAirman... I tried to simulate the same issue you experienced with the seat not moving back if the remote mirror switch was left in the right position. In my case the seat moves back no matter in which position the switch is set. The "Easy Exit" feature seems to work well and had no problems.
I thought I had an issue with the seat position recall feature. This is when the seat returns to the set position upon opening the driver door.
In my case the feature worked only when the door was unlocked with the Key FOB but not when the door was left unlocked and just opened.
I then read that the seat recall function resides in the Key FOB. I assume, then, you have to press the unlock button on the FOB no matter what, if you want the feature to work. Do you have the same issue?

TheAirman

Buick Ownership
2013 Encore Premium
I can't seem to figure out why the seat works sometimes and doesn't work others. On mine (2013) it will not work until that mirror switch is in the center position.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
Glad to know as I use this feature every time I get in and out. Thanks.

BlackPremium13

Buick Newbie
Vero Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Encore Premium
Slightly different issue...I was losing my seat memory settings. I am 6'2" and my wife is 5'4" so the dual setting is a great feature... but we seemed to constantly lose her setting, until one quiet morning I heard a beep as I was sitting down in the seat...turns out my thigh was hitting the buttons as I was entering the car, causing her settings to match mine...Buick should create a cover or move the buttons somewhere else on the seat. I now have to be very conscious of this when getting in.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
Even stranger than that. Yesterday for no reason the 1 & 2 memory buttons were backwards. I had to re-program them both. Ghosts?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!