ELC Compressor fusible link keeps blowing 2006 CXS

Ropchips

2006 Lucerne CXS
The fusible link for the ELC Compressor keeps blowing. I noticed it was blown when I was diagnosing the ac problem on my sons 2006 CXS.
Turns out that the compessor clutch wasn't engaging because the low pressure switch is activated because the evaporator core spewed the refrigerant.

But back to the subject. I bought a couple of new FL's and it blew immediately after starting the engine. While this issue is secondary to the upcoming evaporator core replacement, I figured I'd ask if anyone has encountered this same ELC Compressor issue. Soooo....has anyone ever had this same problem?? Any and all thoughts and/or advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks 2019-09-30 03.55.28.jpg

Ropchips

2006 Lucerne CXS
I guess my sons car is the first on this forum to have this issue. I'll update with repair info once I get to the nitty gritty.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
This link below may be of some help, but it may a short in the wiring hard to say without looking at it. There is another possible problem on the GM compressor inside the wiring housing where the wiring just rots out, because of age, road salt etc. but you would still need to drop the compressor to check and repair.

ELC pump lubrication and restoration : Other - Mechanical

Ropchips

2006 Lucerne CXS
This link below may be of some help, but it may a short in the wiring hard to say without looking at it. There is another possible problem on the GM compressor inside the wiring housing where the wiring just rots out, because of age, road salt etc. but you would still need to drop the compressor to check and repair.

ELC pump lubrication and restoration : Other - Mechanical
My experience with air suspension is limited. I had a 91 Sinkin Lincoln Mark VII that had leaky bags that I didn't replace before parting ways with her. I miss that car. Also did a spring conversion on a relatives mother-in-laws Navigator that she was selling.
I had forgot about this fusible link issue when I posted in my Evap core R&R thread about hoping I was done wrenching for the rest of 2019.
Updates coming soon.

Thank you for your input. It's very much appreciated.

Turbo Buick Badge