Electra 65 4 door hardtop

Buick Ownership
Not yet!
Thread starter #1
Hi,

I’m thinking of buying an Electra from 1965. Current owner claims that the engine and transmission are revised.
What should I keep in mind and what do I need to check before buying? (Weak spots)

Since I live in Europe I don’t know what the availabilty off parts is in the US.

Regards Erik the Dutchman

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Define exactly what "revised" means?
Drive train and suspension parts should not be a problem.
Interior and exterior body parts might be a problem.
Like any used car, especially 53 years old, have it checked before buying it.

Buick Ownership
Not yet!
Thread starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Transmission is done in 2016, overall overhaul. The engine, 401, in 2015 all pistons and bearings are replaced. A new waterpump is installed. Het blok is geboord, koppen gevlakt, nieuwe waterpomp. The ignition is replaced by an electronic system and a new Edelbrock carburator. Also a new oilpump and the radiator is upgraded for extra cooling power. The rear axle has an other differential. So far I have only email contact with seller.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Beautiful looking car. Hopefully the current owner will send you pictures of the engine compartment and the underside of the car including frame and suspension components and exhaust system.

Buick Ownership
Not yet!
Thread starter #8
Beautiful looking car. Hopefully the current owner will send you pictures of the engine compartment and the underside of the car including frame and suspension components and exhaust system.
One picture of engine. Car has had an anti rust treatment (dinitrol). Pics of underside were not very clear.

Attachments

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You do realize there are indications that the engine has been modified.
1. Air cleaner assembly not stock.
2. Fuel pressure regulator mounted on right side inner fender.
3. Unknown box mounted on left side inner fender.
4. Spark plug wires.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
It could be as MSD box, cannt see clearly from the picture. The modifications themselves are not bad but it may indicate a some what aggressive driver owned the car in the past. Again I encourage you to have the car checked by a mechanic before purchasing it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.