• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Electrical problems

Ultra rider

Buick Ownership
1996 Buick Park Ave Ultra
So I have a 1996 Buick park avenue ultra and I'm having an electrical problem. I shut my car off and remove the key from the ignition and I can still turn my heat on and this problem is draining my battery..... HELP ME PLEASE!!! my car has 98,xxx miles

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
So I have a 1996 Buick park avenue ultra and I'm having an electrical problem. I shut my car off and remove the key from the ignition and I can still turn my heat on and this problem is draining my battery..... HELP ME PLEASE!!! my car has 98,xxx miles
lf I understand correctly the blower motor continues to run with the engine off and key removed. Is this the case?
If so, this is a fairly common issue and the faulty part is likely to be the blower motor resistor. To keep your battery from going dead you can remove the negative cable from the battery until the resistor is replaced.

Ultra rider

Buick Ownership
1996 Buick Park Ave Ultra
lf I understand correctly the blower motor continues to run with the engine off and key removed. Is this the case?
If so, this is a fairly common issue and the faulty part is likely to be the blower motor resistor. To keep your battery from going dead you can remove the negative cable from the battery until the resistor is replaced.
Yes the climate control stays on as if the car is on and my warning lights for my bulbs all lit up

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
Yes the climate control stays on as if the car is on and my warning lights for my bulbs all lit up
This sounds a bit different that what I have experience, perhaps someone will chime in to assist.

85ltdt

Buick Newbie
Virginia
Buick Ownership
67 Skylark, then 76 Skylark,90 LeSabre,83 T-Type, 85 Limited T-Type, 98 Park Avenue, now a 96 Ultra
Googled your issue. I also have the 96 Ultra but don't have that issue (yet). Seems there's a short between the power supply wiring allowing a ground to the circuit. Multimeter and time to trace it down from this post:

AC/Heater Blower Motor Won't Shut Of

Also from the forums: HVAC fan won't shut off

Drakito

Southern Utah
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra
Quick check, open the passenger door and see if it turns off. If it does, the drivers door switch is bad. If it doesn't, you will need to work through 85ltdt's fix above.

Pedal Commander