Enclave 2013, 60K - which service/check-up beyond standard maintenance?

sergeih

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
i am new here. and not very knowledgeable about cars.
i have enclave 2013, 60K, carefully maintained and taken care of. plan to hold on to it for a couple of more years.
suspension may need some diagnosis (i hear clunks over bumps on low speed).
other than this, can anyone recommend what i should ask a mechanic to check a car for beyond regular maintenance schedule.
don't want to sound too stupid when i talk to a mechanic :)
cheers,

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
14 Lacrosse Premium AWD 15 Enclave Premium
i am new here. and not very knowledgeable about cars.
i have enclave 2013, 60K, carefully maintained and taken care of. plan to hold on to it for a couple of more years.
suspension may need some diagnosis (i hear clunks over bumps on low speed).
other than this, can anyone recommend what i should ask a mechanic to check a car for beyond regular maintenance schedule.
don't want to sound too stupid when i talk to a mechanic :)
cheers,
First find a Mechanic that you are comfortable with and trust. And yes you may find a dealer too. Tell them what you hear and feel then listen to what they tell you. You should get a feel for them and how they speak to you. Don't play dumb to them or don't make them feel you don't know. They should know what to look for when it comes to every day maintenance. Don't tell them what you think may be the problem because it may not be, then they may feel like they should do what you think.

dkeller1979!

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Usually when you take it to a dealer they give you a inspection report with potential issues and the "grade" of components they check.

Id schedule the appropriate maintenance and ask them to give it a thorough inspection and call you with any preventative maintenance that could be completed while regular scheduled stuff is being done. They will call you and you will have to make the call based on their recommendation.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
When looking at maintenance it's milage and or years. To many people see only milage but the recommendation on some fluids is that they may have contamination or a considered in use shelf life on a number of years.

Two that get overlooked most often is brake fluid and power steering fluid and there's debates on these two, so it's up to each owner to decide.