Encore GX handling Issue

grandpapa-g

Buick Ownership
Encore-GX
I bought my Encore Gx in May (1.4L awd, with Tech) and was impressed with the power, handling and mileage but I found the drive harsh (you could feel every bump!) which I assumed was because this was my first SUV after a series of sedans. The monthly ONSTAR reports always reported everything was fine. About four weeks ago I checked the tire pressures for the first time - they varied from 42 to 45 pound per square inch. I then checked with other gauges and the pressure was consistently high. My Onstar reports in kilopascals (which I did not translate) and only flags low pressure, NOT over-pressure. I adjusted all the pressures to 35 and the ride was much softer - but the handling was "loose" - like poor alignment or bad shocks. Last week I took the car in for service and asked for the front end to be checked, particularly at highway speeds. Of course nothing was found - could not duplicate the problem. After several years rally driving I know when the handling is not right. Any way I picked up the car from service and drove it home by way of the freeway - it clearly handled much better and felt "tighter". I do not know what they did but it feels much improved which even my wife noticed right away.

MelsRegal

Staff member
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Did you recheck the tire pressure?
Is 35 the pressure listed on the door pillar?

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
They probably checked and re-aligned the front end. Not the first time a dealer would lie. If they had previously aligned the wheels with tire pressure all over the place, alignment was probably "OFF"

G-76022

1i Also have a bumpy ride with ny new encore gx, i Will be taking it in Next week to have that checked out. Also have problem with no tint on windshield or 2 front Seat Windows. Should that not be included in a SUV for 35 grand? Would love a reply. N

badams30

Buick Ownership
2020 Encore GX
GM has been excluding tint from front side windows on many models for some time now. My last car (a 2017 Acadia) didn't have it either, and I had to pay to have it tinted. My GX is in the dealer today getting the side windows tinted. I agree, it seems like something that should be there, but I'm assuming it's a cost-cutting measure.

Furytim

Buick Ownership
Encore GX
I bought my Encore Gx in May (1.4L awd, with Tech) and was impressed with the power, handling and mileage but I found the drive harsh (you could feel every bump!) which I assumed was because this was my first SUV after a series of sedans. The monthly ONSTAR reports always reported everything was fine. About four weeks ago I checked the tire pressures for the first time - they varied from 42 to 45 pound per square inch. I then checked with other gauges and the pressure was consistently high. My Onstar reports in kilopascals (which I did not translate) and only flags low pressure, NOT over-pressure. I adjusted all the pressures to 35 and the ride was much softer - but the handling was "loose" - like poor alignment or bad shocks. Last week I took the car in for service and asked for the front end to be checked, particularly at highway speeds. Of course nothing was found - could not duplicate the problem. After several years rally driving I know when the handling is not right. Any way I picked up the car from service and drove it home by way of the freeway - it clearly handled much better and felt "tighter". I do not know what they did but it feels much improved which even my wife noticed right away.
I have the exact same complaint (could feel every bump) and my tire pressure is all fine at 35PSI. Would love to know if there is something the dealer can do to soften outside of tire pressure.

G-855544

I have the exact same complaint (could feel every bump) and my tire pressure is all fine at 35PSI. Would love to know if there is something the dealer can do to soften outside of tire pressure.
this is a hard riding vehicle.
needs different shocks.
maybe gm will issue a recall and replace the shocks

Majic

Buick Ownership
2018 Encore Eccence
You have something wrong....we have 2 and they ride fine. AND when did they come out with a "1.4" motor....they are 1.2 and 1.3.

SR14626

Buick Ownership
Envision
You have something wrong....we have 2 and they ride fine. AND when did they come out with a "1.4" motor....they are 1.2 and 1.3.
I think that was a typo, no 1.4’s, just 1.2 and 1.3

Get your turbo buick badge right here!