Encore GX Loud Bang

Blaine2020

Buick Ownership
2020 Encore GX and 2017 Encore
I have had my Encore GX since May - I to have heard this bang about once every 3 weeks. No codes and dealer says nothing found. I suspect some kind of actuator/solenoid opening/closing an AC or or heater vent that is sticking but it does not seem to affect the drive characteristics. It occurs as I slow to stop or as I go forward from a stop. Although it is very loud I notice no tremor or vibration accompanying this bang.
Hi, any updates on your car with the same issue as mine? This loud bang is freaky, happened last time just as a pedestrian was stepping into the road and I slowed down as a result, its dangerous as its so startling.

SR1945

Buick Ownership
2020 Encore GX Sport Essence
Hi, any updates on your car with the same issue as mine? This loud bang is freaky, happened last time just as a pedestrian was stepping into the road and I slowed down as a result, its dangerous as its so startling.

haven’t you taken it in by now? There is a fix for this

Blaine2020

Buick Ownership
haven’t you taken it in by now? There is a fix for this
Fix you mention is the radiator bushings? As the loud bag / gunshot sounds more like a solenoid shutting with a bang or even maybe the starter motor engaging? Who knows, but last X it happened when I was stopped. The bushings are scheduled to be replaced though late next week, was wondering if the other car owner had his replaced yet and any changes.?

Blaine2020

Buick Ownership
I have had my Encore GX since May - I to have heard this bang about once every 3 weeks. No codes and dealer says nothing found. I suspect some kind of actuator/solenoid opening/closing an AC or or heater vent that is sticking but it does not seem to affect the drive characteristics. It occurs as I slow to stop or as I go forward from a stop. Although it is very loud I notice no tremor or vibration accompanying this bang.

eccs19

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal & 2018 Regal
Our Encore GX has not experieced this noise. Hopefully they can resolve the issue for you.

Blaine2020

Buick Ownership
Isnt that a little premature , you havent had the radiator support bushings replaced.
Hi

The two radiator support bushings were replaced on 2 October, unfortunately did not fix the issue :{ as the loud bang happened again today when slowing down to let an emergency vehicle pass (5,254km) 6 times now since car was new.

Auto start stop was not disabled, car was in 2 Wheel Drive mode. Sure sounds like its coming from the drivers side area.

Gramps

Niagara, Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore Essence
I have a 2020 Encore GX ST with about 4500 km. I have heard the same loud bang. Took the TechLink bulletin to my dealership. They ordered the lower radiator support bushings and installed Oct. 8. I haven't heard the noise but not that many km driven since installation. The mechanic did say that the original bushings were loose and the new ones were quite snug. Hopefully the noise is gone.

Blaine2020

Buick Ownership
I have a 2020 Encore GX ST with about 4500 km. I have heard the same loud bang. Took the TechLink bulletin to my dealership. They ordered the lower radiator support bushings and installed Oct. 8. I haven't heard the noise but not that many km driven since installation. The mechanic did say that the original bushings were loose and the new ones were quite snug. Hopefully the noise is gone.
Hi

My radiator bushings were replaced 2 Oct, had the bang occur after on 10 October. So unfortunately that was not the fix.

Blaine2020

Buick Ownership
Hi

My radiator bushings were replaced 2 Oct, had the bang occur after on 10 October. So unfortunately that was not the fix.
The loud bang you hear is always when going slow right? I never hear it at speed of say above 40 kmh. Last two occurrences with me were 1. As I slowed when a pedestrian stepped into the road 2. As I slowed to let an emergency vehicle go past with sirens on. Its a loud "bang" and is very distracting when you are driving.

Jendepo182

Buick Ownership
Encore GX
Hello, I’ve had my GX since June, have about 3700 miles on it and I keep hearing a loud bang every once in a while. I can’t find a pattern to it. Almost sounds like it’s a speaker blowing? I wonder if it’s the same noise as you all.

G-681399

Hello, I’ve had my GX since June, have about 3700 miles on it and I keep hearing a loud bang every once in a while. I can’t find a pattern to it. Almost sounds like it’s a speaker blowing? I wonder if it’s the same noise as you all.
When you are going slow right? Not at speeds above say 40.khm

G-204021

Drivers side dashboard area too? Or sounds like from there.

Blaine2020

Buick Ownership
Always when going slower than say 30 mph right? Sounds like from drivers side dashboard area?

eccs19

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal & 2018 Regal
We actually experienced this noise today. I can’t remember 100%, but I think I was at a complete stop. If not complete, darn close to it. I actually thought it sounded like something coming out of the sound system (radio), not something mechanical. Just not sure why something would be coming through the sound system at low speeds / stops. That’s the thing I find really curious.

G-602103

We actually experienced this noise today. I can’t remember 100%, but I think I was at a complete stop. If not complete, darn close to it. I actually thought it sounded like something coming out of the sound system (radio), not something mechanical. Just not sure why something would be coming through the sound system at low speeds / stops. That’s the thing I find really curious.
What is the KM on your car? Noise only once so far? Driver side dash area right?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!