Encore GX Loud Bang

Blaine2020

Buick Ownership
2020 Encore GX and 2017 Encore
We actually experienced this noise today. I can’t remember 100%, but I think I was at a complete stop. If not complete, darn close to it. I actually thought it sounded like something coming out of the sound system (radio), not something mechanical. Just not sure why something would be coming through the sound system at low speeds / stops. That’s the thing I find really curious.
What is the KM on your car, only heard once? From Drivers Side Dashboard area?

eccs19

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal & 2018 Regal
What is the KM on your car, only heard once? From Drivers Side Dashboard area?
It's actually my wifes car, but I think around 2,000km on it. She was with me when I heard it. She mentioned she heard it a couple times. To me it sounded like it came from the windshield pillar on the drivers side. But was difficult to tell for sure. But sounded more like a pop vs a bang.

Olebon

Buick Ownership
EncoreGX 2020
I am new to this forum and not a car's guru, but I have a theory that could explain the "big bang". Somewhere could be a sheet of metal attached with a screw hole drilled with a small shift. Due to the mechanical strain the surface of the metal sheet becomes bent to one side and the bend can flip depending on some condition, like engine temperature.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!