Encore Performance Tuning

Sonny@bnr

verano turbo 290whp372wtq
Authorized Vendor
Buick Ownership
Buick
vince has gm tools, so the tune is undetectable by the tech 2, no one has ever been denied warranty running our tune. i would advise if you ever go in for service for something major to return to stock tune.

Same question, I'm curious if the warranty is available with the change ....

Maybe, need response of Buick customer service for precision ...
Hello,

Any modification could potentially void the warranty. In most situations, if the modification is tied to a vehicle concern, it will not be covered under warranty. The exception to this is if a GM performance part was used in the vehicle. I hope this information is helpful to you. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thank you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
Buick Ownership
Turbo Envision
So does 'in theory' mean that it does?...lol:cool:
The tune will NOT effect the economy. Unless you are enjoying the new acceleration then it might change.

I'm really liking the tune with intake and catless down pipe. It really wakes up the car.

Last edited:

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
Buick Ownership
Turbo Envision
Not sure if the trans has been adjusted from first tune. One log was all WOT and Jerry requested a normal driving log with up/down shifts and throttle changes. They asked what intake i have, from ebay for a Cruze, and also have BNR downpipe.

mjspiess

Buick Ownership
Buick

06Speed6

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Any one interested in performance tuning for these?
Few questions:

Are any dynos available for otherwise stock engines?
Will a Tactrix openport 2.0 obd2 cable work or is a "red cable" absolutely needed?
Does the tune require premium fuel?
Does a ecu recovery tool exist?
Is it user tuneable?

Thanks
Marcus

GoMich

Buick Ownership
Buick
Guys you realize, that more power=more fuel? And also more emissions (for those who cares or state requires checks). You will be impacting your fuel efficiency and also compromising transmission life to a degree, since it was not calibrated nor rated for higher torque.
More power sound nice, but it has negatives too......

Tiffin

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2018 Encore. Is there a tune for it?

What do you feel is the best one? I don't want any changes to the driveability. Just more boost and timing. Same shift points and downshift points et.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
Buick Ownership
Turbo Envision
Guys you realize, that more power=more fuel? And also more emissions (for those who cares or state requires checks). You will be impacting your fuel efficiency and also compromising transmission life to a degree, since it was not calibrated nor rated for higher torque.
More power sound nice, but it has negatives too......
The power and torque increases are mostly through torque management loosening. So the power is there it is just not getting g used. So no more fuel usage than normal or emissions. Maybe more tire wear through. :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.