• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Encore Premium 2016 gray trim touch-up paint?

JimZBrewer

Buick Ownership
Encore 2016 Premium
I have a 2016 Encore Premium in Snowflake White Tricoat with gray bumpers and trim. GM, I was told yesterday at the local dealer, does not sell touch-up paint for the trim. I can’t find an aftermarket paint that’s specifically for this use. The guy at Pep Boys and I couldn’t match it to any touch-up paint that the store had. Can anyone advise me on a touch-up paint to try on my bumpers?

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
GM Paint Code should be WA203V.
Basically this is GM's White Pearl, but they use many different names for it across their vehicle brands.
I've owned 2 vehicles in this color. A 1997 Buick Riviera and currently a 2013 Buick Verano

I have found this site to be pretty useful in tracking down paint codes: PaintRef.com

Side note about any of the Pearl/Tricoat colors.
They are nearly impossible to match if you need to repaint just a spot or portion of a vehicle (a fender, hood, etc). Due to this difficulty in making paint repairs, it affects the resale value for a vehicle in this color. It is usually counted as a negative and will reduce the value of the vehicle by a couple of hundred dollars or so. Which I find pretty amusing since this paint is usually considered an extra-cost or special order option when purchasing new.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The OP is looking for trim touch paint which is gray not the body color, title in the post says that also.

Look at SEM for that type of paint, professional body shop supplies or even ask the dealership body shop where you can get it.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Duh... Sorry, missed the Trim Paint/Bumper reference.
And the dealership should have been more helpful.
Their body shop should definitely know what color/paint code to use on those bumpers.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Yeah the dealer should have been a little more helpful, but it's not always what you ask it's who you ask lol. Ask a salesperson and every vehicle is great, ask a technical service person and they will tell you it's the biggest POS ever made.

G-648467

I have a 2016 Encore Premium in Snowflake White Tricoat with gray bumpers and trim. GM, I was told yesterday at the local dealer, does not sell touch-up paint for the trim. I can’t find an aftermarket paint that’s specifically for this use. The guy at Pep Boys and I couldn’t match it to any touch-up paint that the store had. Can anyone advise me on a touch-up paint to try on my bumpers?
Hello there,
Did u ever find the color code???
I called Buick and they told me Z1N; which does not sound right... I google that code and seems to be some kind of cobalt blue.
Body: Snowflake White Pearl (GYN/WA203V)
Bumper: Z1Y
Regards,
Jorge

G-861043

Hello there,
Did u ever find the color code???
I called Buick and they told me Z1N; which does not sound right... I google that code and seems to be some kind of cobalt blue.
Body: Snowflake White Pearl (GYN/WA203V)
Bumper: Z1Y
Regards,
Jorge
Hi, Jorge,
I went to a local place that does custom auto paints for body shops and they scanned the trim and mixed half a pint for me. Not cheap, but it works. Jim

Pedal Commander