engine control

parkav

Austria
Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue `95
at my 95 park avenue (l36 engine) the engine light glows, and i dont know why. the engine runs perfect. some ideas?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Yes something is wrong and a code is present. As it's a OBD 1.5 system it will more than likely have to be checked by a shop that can read it, most automotive stores can only do OBD 2. Depending on what is wrong you should get it checked ASAP.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Not that I know of on the OBD 1.5, OBD 1 yes. There are a few suggestions on the web, can't say if any work for sure.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
There are also many others that are capable. I use Matco 9001A, Matco 9640B & Actron 9190 for reading an OBD1.5 vehicle. There are others that can do the same thing, but you have to read all the info on compatibility of each one!

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
That will not work on that particular vehicle!! Do not search the web for other vehicles that may be jumped on the years mentioned on that connector! Some were, some not! The OP has an 1995 Buick LeSabre, which that procedure does not work!! Only an OBD1/OBD11 capable scanner will work. We have been through this many times and have found no other solution!!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
No kidding! Read where the OP was told to go to a shop that has a reader. I own a 1995 Buick lesabre and it doesn't or will it ever be able to do a flash read, but the OP didn't know what the CEL was for LOL.

parkav

Austria
Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue `95
my security light glow if i am driving, can it be in context?
the anti theft warning system is normaly working well

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Is there a aftermarket alarm system installed? If so you may be on youy own to get it resolved as nobody will know how it's installed on the forum more than likely.

Did the alarm light come on the same time as the check engine light?
Or is this something that has been on by itself?

Also anything else not working?

Does the key fob work?

Could this be considered something connected with the CEL, possible, but it is on a different set of funtions and in theory if the security light is on the car shouldn't be able to start and run.

The most common problem is the little chip in the center of the key is not making clean contact, take a eraser and rub both sides. Put the key in the ignition turn to the key to light up the dash, do not start the car, it should flash a few times and go off. This is the basic process, if there are other problems it may not work.

parkav

Austria
Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue `95
its an original anti theft system.
when i see the engine light goes on, i control the dashboard light-strip. there i notice, that there is no light-bulp for the security light in. as i turns a light-bulp in, it glows.
when i open the door the security light flash, if i put the key in the ignition and turn, without starting the engine the light glows, and it also glows if i start.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
So what I think from what you posted is both lights came on at the same time?

Does the key fob work for setting the alarm and locks?

What is the condition of your cars battery?

parkav

Austria
Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue `95
Both lights come if i turn the key to ignition on Position. The Key Fob works, also the Car Battery.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Something is getting lost here, I didn't ask if they turn on, I asked if they both showed up on the same day at at the same time.

I asked the condition of the car battery, not that the car had one. If it's a old battery or the cables are loose, corroded it may be part of the problem.

You may have a BCM that is starting to fail, bad relays, blown fuses, wiring harness, a endless list of possibilities none of these items can be diagnosed over a forum especially without any scan codes for the area of initial concern or understanding the questions.

parkav

Austria
Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue `95
the answers for some questions arise from the above answers.
that there are manifold possibilities, is also clear to me.
maybe i cannot understand something things perfect, but it must be able to read.
when i get my OBD I reader, i will report.
maybe its connected the engine control -with security light.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
The Security system has nothing to do with the PCM/ECM code!! Totally separate systems!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.