• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

engine control

Drakito

Southern Utah
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra
Guys, we have a slight language barrier here as his location is Austria, as in they speak German, Slovenian, and Armenian. His syntax seems more towards the Slavic languages like Slovenian or Armenian as opposed to Deutsch.
We probably should give him direct links to items as he may not be able to get them in Austria.
Here is a scan tool that can do everything, and is in German.
https://www.amazon.com/Actron-CP9690-Trilingual-AUTOSCANNER-Screen/dp/B011ICD2WQ

parkav

Austria
Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue `95
The Security system has nothing to do with the PCM/ECM code!! Totally separate Systems!
Thanks for answer.

i have ordered some scanner, at the Moment its in erlanger.
if it dont work,s i have found out a Workshop with tech 2 scanner.
i will see.

native language is german.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
German, got it and explains things.

Security only check.

Clean the key’s resistor “pellet” which is the silver line in the black insert near the end of the key with a clean pencil eraser or fine steel wool(both sides).

31SCckm-2oL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Clean the VATS “reader” which is the two contacts just inside the ignition key hole. Use a bit of isopropyl alcohol on a Q-tip and clean just inside key hole to remove any dirt that might be on the contact(s) preventing a connection to the resistor pellet. Inspect the Q-tip, and if dirty, repeat until clean.

Fail Enable: This mode is to help keep the motorist with the right key from being stranded. If a failure happens to the PassKey system AFTER a valid start, this mode is initiated. It allows the vehicle to be restarted, even with a failure present. The security light will remain illuminated to let you know a failure is present. However, this also means that the car can be started w/o a key, and is vulnerable to potential thieves. If battery power is lost while in fail enable mode, this mode will be lost and the next attempted start w/ the system malfunctioning will cause tamper mode.

Basic diagram
vats.jpg

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
As mentioned, if the security system is in "fail enable" mode and you ever loose battery power, or simply disconnect the battery, the engine will not start on the next attempt, unless the problem is corrected. If that happens, it may be time to bypass the key reader. The link below will explain how to do that.
http://thealdensorg.dyndns.org/vehicle/1995BuickLeSabre/Repairs/BypassVATS_201412/95LeSabre_BypassVATS.pdf

Last edited:

parkav

Austria
Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue `95
or i will make it like before, remove the bulp:unsure:?
lets have a look till spring, in winter my parkav stand still under a carport.
thanks for the answers.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
I wish you the best of luck until next "spring"!

parkav

Austria
Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue `95
update:

because the last time i was boring, i dismantle the covering under the dashbord and remove the glove department to check the lines of the pass key. i have discover nothing........................but ................the bypass is directly connected on the pass key module, the resistor is the same like the key. i have checked all lines and now the security light works like it should be.
apparently it was a loose connection, from the bypass.