Engine deactivation has not work since purchase ?

SR1945

Buick Ownership
2020 Encore GX Sport Essence
Before I take this car in, I’ve noticed since I’ve had this car new (4 months), my engine deactivation has never once engaged at stoplights. Interesting, I kept the air conditioner off for a whole 5 miles up and then back 5 miles back home many times, and after many stops and never once activated. I never use it or want to use it anyway, but since I paid for this feature, I was wondering why it doesn’t work. Has anyone else noticed this?

mshultz

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore Essence AWD
Does your model have the start/stop feature? My 2019 Encore with the optional direct injection engine has a auto stop position on the tachometer.

SR1945

Buick Ownership
Yes she does. I clicked on it and click off it over and over again, but no joy. It just seems odd it doesn’t work, but no biggie for me. I’ll take it in this month to have it checked out.

Atapjn

Buick Ownership
Encore GX
Before I take this car in, I’ve noticed since I’ve had this car new (4 months), my engine deactivation has never once engaged at stoplights. Interesting, I kept the air conditioner off for a whole 5 miles up and then back 5 miles back home many times, and after many stops and never once activated. I never use it or want to use it anyway, but since I paid for this feature, I was wondering why it doesn’t work. Has anyone else noticed this?
I have noticed the same thing.. ive had mine for almost two months and it never did it.. i thought maybe it was turned off .. then yesterday i did it twice but not every time i stopped.. I am wondering if soemthing is wrong too

SR1945

Buick Ownership
Most people hate the start/stop option so maybe you guys got lucky.
I agree. I don’t even want to use it, but it would be nice to know why it doesn’t activate.

poncho167

Buick Ownership
2019 Essence
Do you have an Encore or an Encore GX? If you have an Encore there is no clicking on it as it is always active if the car meets the criteria to be active. If it is an Encore GX there is an on off button though you would need to manually turn it off if that is what you wanted, each time you started the engine.

SR1945

Buick Ownership
GX, and I have been clicking on and off for the last few months and a no go. I’ve turn off the air conditioner and I’ve driven a number of miles with many stops and still no go. I’m taking it in this month for an oil change and we’ll see what the Buick experts say

SR1945

Buick Ownership
Do you have an Encore or an Encore GX? If you have an Encore there is no clicking on it as it is always active if the car meets the criteria to be active. If it is an Encore GX there is an on off button though you would need to manually turn it off if that is what you wanted, each time you started the engine.

The reason I posted on this board is because it is a GX. ;)

Attachments

• EDEBFC4B-41D5-4A86-B6A8-D57C428A7BC2.jpeg
    EDEBFC4B-41D5-4A86-B6A8-D57C428A7BC2.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 5

grandpapa-g

Buick Ownership
Encore-GX
Are you sure it isn't working? My tach does not go to off at the stop it goes to a rest point at 0 RPM. It starts up after 20-30 sec stopped or the gas is engaged. It is not as abrupt as in other cars I have experienced. It is nice to have the on/off toggle to use if it is bothersome.

SR1945

Buick Ownership
The tach does not show that it has been activated, but it does indicate 0 RPM, so you’re onto something here. Took my vehicle for service and they did ask me if I had the air conditioner on or off, which would cause the engine start stop function not to activate. They could find nothing wrong with the system. As mentioned before I’d rather have it off at all times.

poncho167

Buick Ownership
2019 Essence
Have you read your owners manual yet? That is the first place to start when you have a question about a feature on your car.

Glen Baker

Las Vegas NV
Buick Ownership
Encore
The tach does not show that it has been activated, but it does indicate 0 RPM, so you’re onto something here. Took my vehicle for service and they did ask me if I had the air conditioner on or off, which would cause the engine start stop function not to activate. They could find nothing wrong with the system. As mentioned before I’d rather have it off at all times.
And did you have the a/c on or off?

SR1945

Buick Ownership
Have you read your owners manual yet? That is the first place to start when you have a question about a feature on your car.
And did you have the a/c on or off?

yes I did read the manual more than once. And yes I turn off the air conditioner as per reading the manual in not doing so would cause the start stop function not working. I mentioned this to the service rep and he said this is the first question I would ask you but you answered it by saying you did turn off the air conditioner. I also drove for a good distance in stop and go traffic (traffic lights). The manual also included that if your battery is low your stop go would not function, but my battery is fully charged. Yep, this old fart did read the manual and does know what he’s talking about. 👍

Mucycleman

Buick Ownership
2020 Buick Encore GX
I've had the Start/Stop feature engage numerous times with the air conditioner running. However, the engine restarts in less than a minute.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!