Engine Fuel Line Replacement

dmcollins57

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thread starter #1
Hi, I was wondering is anyone had any experience replacing/repairing the nylon fuel lines in the engine bay for a 2003 PA Ultra or any series 2 supercharged cars. I noticed that the pressure and the vapor lines in the engine bay have sprung a leak from rubbing on each other. From looking online it looks like the three fuel lines, (pressure, vapor, return) are all one piece from the engine bay to the fuel filter/evap. canister/ tank and that the parts are unfortunately discontinued. Is there any easy way to repair this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
I have experienced that! Most big brick auto part stores offer a plastic fuel line repair kit. If fuel is leaking, do not drive it, or it may explode. If you need pictures of what I did to repair the fuel lines, I will try to post pics later.

dmcollins57

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thread starter #3
I have experienced that! Most big brick auto part stores offer a plastic fuel line repair kit. If fuel is leaking, do not drive it, or it may explode. If you need pictures of what I did to repair the fuel lines, I will try to post pics later.
That would be awesome if you could post those and any tips when you have time. I have work and school coming up and just lost on what to do. I never have dealt with these plastic fuel lines before. I have had a rubber fuel line on another vehicle leak before and just brought the small section to a shop that does hoses and hydraulics and they made me a nice steel breaded line with the fittings, but I feel its not that easy with these form made plastic lines.

Drakito

Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra
I used Earl's Vaporguard hose with their AN quick disconnect ends to connect to the fuel rail. I think I spent $70 total with fittings, hose, and clamps..
You need 2 sizes as the return line and EVAP line are slightly smaller than the feed line. It was 5/16" for the return and EVAP, and 3/8" for the feed.
You can buy it by the foot from anplumbing.com with the hose ends and clamps. 2 3ft sections of both sizes was more than enough.
I got Russell QD fittings for the fuel rail as the earls were almost $40 each. Summit has their own versions as well.
I also run an AEM 450lph fuel pump.

dmcollins57

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thread starter #5
I used Earl's Vaporguard hose with their AN quick disconnect ends to connect to the fuel rail. I think I spent $70 total with fittings, hose, and clamps..
You need 2 sizes as the return line and EVAP line are slightly smaller than the feed line. It was 5/16" for the return and EVAP, and 3/8" for the feed.
You can buy it by the foot from anplumbing.com with the hose ends and clamps. 2 3ft sections of both sizes was more than enough.
I got Russell QD fittings for the fuel rail as the earls were almost $40 each. Summit has their own versions as well.
I also run an AEM 450lph fuel pump.
Would I splice this into the good porting of the nylon tubing or completely remove the entire portion that connects the steel lines near the firewall to the fuel rail? Is this a simple barb connection?

dmcollins57

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thread starter #7
I removed the entirety of the nylon. The metal was like a barb connection. I had to slightly oil the lines before sliding them on. They are tight.
Thanks for the reply. Just one more question before I go and buy everything. The one thing that I have noticed for the tubing on earl's website is that it states to use vapor guard hose ends but, that is not possible on metal lines leading to the fuel pump since the hose would just slip over it then beclamped. I kind of seeing this nothing more than a marketing ploy to buy their fittings. Have you noticed any leaking?

Drakito

Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra
None, but the fuel lines on the firewall have 2 flared bumps and I placed the clamp between the flares. I used the connections at the fuel rail.
I can snap a photo if you want.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.