Entry luxury comparison

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
The actual article is on MotorTrend who did the test with a Mercedes, VW, BMW, and Regal (not a GS) Regal came in second and nearly first place. There was also a recent test done between the Encore and BMW and Buick won that one hands down. The initial test between a GS AWD and Audi A4 resulted in the GS smoking the A4 in every category. I bought my Regal Turbo 8 months ago and like it even more now than when I bought it. I also find it nice that Buick seems to be rapidly building their brand, with great ads and many awards. It will be very interesting to see how their sales go in the next year.

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal Turbo (T03) - 6 sp manual & 2013 Verano Turbo (totalled 9/19)
I don't see anything about the Regal????
The link in the original post should take you to the article... not seeing that at your end?

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium
I looked over that article in the print edition a week or so back. Nice that the Buick came in second overall, and first in "Interior fit and finish"!

jester435

Salt Lake City, Utah
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
I am super surprised that Buick would beat out Merc in interior fit and finish..

I will read the article at lunch or tonight. Wish they would have reviewed the GS.

SoCalGS

Highland, CA
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
If they would haves used the GS the Regal would've came in 1st. I looked at the BMW and MB before i test drove the Regal and they had me but then they showed me the GS and i was sold. I was nervous about looking at cars because all i had ever driven was Sierras Avalanches and Hummers but i am very happy with this car. I still think i made the better choice going with the GS over the BMW and MB.

BamCam

Reading, PA
Buick Ownership
'14 Regal GS AWD
I am actually in talks with a local dealer that has a brand new CLA45 AMG that has been damaged in a recent hail storm. They may be selling brand new cars at severely reduced prices. Good thing I have body shop connections;). They are awaiting final insurance numbers/info from their adjusters to determined what gets sold/repaired/sent back to MB.

Actually the msrp is 48K for a base CLA45...the one I am looking at optioned up is 58K msrp.

Anyone have any hands-on experience with these cars? I have read several reviews and some of the cons might turn me off. Poor trans shifts and small backseat (big problem for someone with childseat!). Once I hear the sale numbers I intend on giving it a good shake down to see if it is worthy of replacing the GS.

jester435

Salt Lake City, Utah
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
There is no way to get a CLA45 at 48K I called my buddy who works at Mercedes in SLC, Utah. They dont sell it without any options and you couldnt order one at their base, so that number is totally false. He has a c63 AMG that is straight amazing, but got his employee discount and isnt married.

I would get a used 2012 c63 amg for that 50-55K price mark. Much better car and big enough for a childseat. My sons britax booster fit easy in the backseat.

BamCam

Reading, PA
Buick Ownership
'14 Regal GS AWD
I was simply stating what the starting msrp is listed for on MB website....personally I would never buy a base CLA45 either. Yeah a '12 c63 would be nice...if you didn't need 25 mpg. If I didn't need fuel mileage I would be driving a CTS-V. A c63 and a cla45 are two totally different animals.

jester435

Salt Lake City, Utah
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
4 liter turbo isnt exactly going to be sipping on fuel..

I can think of a bunch of luxury cars I would rather have over an entry level merc.

CTS-V isnt even comparable on any level to previously mentioned cars. That would be compared against a E63 amg, M5, and ISF

Get your turbo buick badge right here!