Eratic Shifting

rgt50wood

Buick Ownership
2014 White Encore Premium FWD
Our FWD Encore seems to shift ok. Very short first gear requires an light foot on the accelerator for a smooth shift into second gear. All other gears shift good.
The fuel cut off feature during deceleration or coasting at low speed causes a bit of a jerk .

Detroit, USA
Do any of you guys experience weird shifting. I know our 2014, seems to shift funny at times.

Hello 14EncoreAWD,

Our apologies to hear you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle shifting. We'd be happy to reach out to your dealership on your behalf and document your concerns in our system. Please send us a private message here on the site to discuss further!

Sincerely,

Andraya (assisting Jessica)
Buick Customer Care

14EncoreAWD

Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks for the info. I haven't really driven the car enough yet to determine what is going on (G/F drives it 100% of the time), nor am I used to a 6spd transmission so. I will keep you posted.

prohidium

Buick Ownership
Buick
I find all cars shift weird at times. If it is only happening periodically then just consider it a timing fluke where you ask the car to be doing something it was not intending to do ( changing rate of acceleration while the car is in the middle of a shift ). The Encore definitely wants to get to higher gears as fast as it can so that can keep the rpm's low and the gas mileage good.

If however it is always shifting hard or not shifting or there is a pause between the same two gears on a very regular basis then get it checked out. Make sure your tranny fluid level is correct as well - it should be of course but you never know... check the manual for the proper way to check it.

xupd18ras

Buick Newbie
NC
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Encore
I thought the same thing about my 14 Encore at times, but I just chalked it up to what the poster above me said.

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
I do get a kick out of how when you’re cruising at 55 MPH, stomp on the gas… car shifts down 2? 3? Gears…. engine screams like a banshee…. and you barely accelerate. :) Cute lil’ 1.6L Turbo.

Quite a different feel in the Saturn Sky 2.0L Turbo

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I do get a kick out of how when you’re cruising at 55 MPH, stomp on the gas… car shifts down 2? 3? Gears…. engine screams like a banshee…. and you barely accelerate. :) Cute lil’ 1.6L Turbo.Quite a different feel in the Saturn Sky 2.0L Turbo
A tune from Trifecta for both of your cars will really given them up. The ecu tune on the Encore AWD can sure kick at parking lot speeds on up.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!