• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Euro HiD Headlight and GS rear spoiler lip

ob2s

Buick Ownership
Buick
These are the 2 remaining parts I bought for my Regal that I can't economically send back to Germany, that are the exact same as the Regal GS.

1) Rear spoiler lip. This is an unpainted slight augmentation to the rear bump on the trunk. Lays right on, requires glue and paint.
Some views: distant on a regal GS and 2 closeups.

2) E-Code (European) HiD Headlights. Identical to US Hid headlights except a) The beam pattern goes higher up to the right to illuminate side roads signs and deer better than DOT spec. b) They are completely clear with no orange reflector on the side. c) US lights are 28,000 candelas and these are 36,000. The US brightness limit is performed by a different lens shape (candelas-SI base unit of luminous intensity). They need 2 D1S HiD bulbs which you can buy on ebay for $40.pair.

PM me if interested.

bgadds

Houston, Tx.
Buick Ownership
Buick
i am in love with those headlamps.....do you know if these are plug and play? swapping out std light to projectors on VW's requires you to change settings in the computer.....the voltage they require is different. i can hack into the vw computers, nothing on the net that i can find about hacking the buick/opels.

go ahead and let me know how much you want for them regardless.....

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
2011 Opel Insignia CXL T07
i am in love with those headlamps.....do you know if these are plug and play? swapping out std light to projectors on VW's requires you to change settings in the computer.....the voltage they require is different. i can hack into the vw computers, nothing on the net that i can find about hacking the buick/opels.

go ahead and let me know how much you want for them regardless.....
Those are HIDs, not just projectors. The wiring harness is completely different and ballasts must be installed. Unless you have pre-made adapters, you'll need to cut into the stock wiring which will most likely void your warranty.

ob2s

Buick Ownership
Buick
Nope, the ballasts are part of the headlight. The only difference between the Euro headlight and the US is the beam pattern of the projector and the missing orange reflector. They are plug and play.

I finally figured out what I paid. $425. I'll sell for $350 plus shipping.

Last edited:

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
That should work out nicely then. Ours are aimed low, with the left a bit lower than the right. No one has flashed me yet so they obviously are not blinding on-coming vehicles. I get blinded by Bimmer HIDs all the time, theirs must not be aimed as low as ours.

bgadds

Houston, Tx.
Buick Ownership
Buick
Nope, the ballasts are part of the headlight. The only difference between the Euro headlight and the US is the beam pattern of the projector and the missing orange reflector. They are plug and play.

I finally figured out what I paid. $425. I'll sell for $350 plus shipping.

no offense, but how sure are you about the plug and play part? really interested in doing this, but nervous about whether they will work. i don't have a turbo, so don't have the us version bi-xenon HID's, just halogens.

again, the reason ask is that i did this with a Jetta and found out i had to switch voltages to the lamps in the computer.....had to do it again to run euro LED tails as well. not a problem, but had to figure out how to do it.

BTW, if i buy these, throw in the rear insignia badge mentioned in another thread? where would you be shipping from?

ob2s

Buick Ownership
Buick
sorry I sold the lights and the rear badge, just the GS rear spoiler lip left.

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
Any idea how the current badge separates from the silver bar? Is it just glued on?

ob2s

Buick Ownership
Buick
It has barbs so there might be a little glue but it separates from the base and you will need a very thin screwdriver to pry it loose. prongs are at 11, 2, 3, 5 and 7 o'clock and one in the middle.