• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Expensive collision insurance coverage for 2019 TourX

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
I'll let you know if I were to buy one. But then I probably won't since the car has too many issues.

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
The point is that people are comparing the cost to insure the Tourx within their own policy compared to their other cars, not city to city.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I also, questioned the point until I realized OP was isolating the cost of collision coverage (only) to compare how other insurance companies rate the TourX risk internally and see if other insurance companies share the same disparity in cost.

Yes, other factors will play a role (as you can see the affect my teenager had on my rates) but OP attempted to eliminate a major factor by saying they switched around primary drivers with their vehicals.

While not foolproof, it's a legit question.

It would be interesting if others, who are contracted with 21st Century, also see a large disparity in their collision rate (only). Then there may be good reason for OP to re-evaluate their carrier as the perceived TourX risk may be yielding an extra ~$700 annually to OP's annual premium.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I have Allstate and the TourX is double the cost of our Edge and MDX. Changing driver's made no difference. I asked insurance why it was more expensive than the other since it had all the safety features and they hinted at the idea it was the safety features that raised the price. My guess is that the car costs a lot more to fix due to sensors and possibly people rely to heavily on the sensors and run into problems since the system isn't very good.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Agree it's a legitimate question, but usually it's start with the source which is the carrier on the cost. So if 21st Century is too expensive or is it the TourX, well get on the old interweb and start shopping around as loyalty to any corporation isn't what it use to be.