• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

EXTENDABLE DRIVER SIDE SUN VISOR?

LeeH

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tour X Essence
Anyone know if an extendable sun visor is available to replace a fixed one as provided on the Tour X in order to block the sun from the front side windows? Maybe the sport version might have one?

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I was surprised by this myself, especially since our owner manuals clearly depict a visor that extends. The author's favorite phrase in our manuals is "If equipped..."

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
I've been looking at part numbers to determine commonality and have not found anything so far. The universal fix involves cardboard and rubber bands. Very high tech.

LeeH

Buick Ownership
My 2013 LaCross had extendable visors. Here is a picture (not of mine) that shows the visor. It would take a lot of research to see if it would fit the Tour X especially the mounting flange. It is also not an easy job to wire in for the light as there is a good chance of causing a short if the wires are pinched when installing. This happened to me when I had a Honda roof liner replaced and the shop shorted the wires out when reinstalling the visors.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I was surprised by this myself, especially since our owner manuals clearly depict a visor that extends. The author's favorite phrase in our manuals is "If equipped..."
"If equipped" is something I've noticed being ubiquitous in the manual, as if all of the Regal models (incl. Insignia) around the world are settled with one book. And the manual in the mobile app doesn't even work

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
My '03 Element EX (top-line) had extendable, large visors. Oddly, my '07 Acura RDX Tech (top line) did not. Always annoyed me. Damn bean counters. I'll pay for it, just let me have it already.

pek

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Has anyone found a decent replacement (screws/headliner close color match)? I don't care about the lights and mirror, just give me an extendable visor. My 2010 LaCross had them and it was great.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Has anyone found a decent replacement (screws/headliner close color match)? I don't care about the lights and mirror, just give me an extendable visor. My 2010 LaCross had them and it was great.

As mentioned, someone from the Facebook group did a swap from an Envision. Looks like it came that way to me. He did mention is was not a fun install.

LeeH

Buick Ownership
I gave up looking for an extendable visor option assuming that perhaps it was not the bean counters but the side airbag installed in the B pillar was the reason for eliminating the sliding visor. I'm not sure where the airbag was located on my old 2013 Lacross...but maybe in the driver's seatback?

Think I'll go with a small suction cup mounted screen shade that will fit nicely in the door pocket when not in use.

HotwheelHTH

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
So I just found GM part 22936606 from the old body style Regal, it appears to have the same mounting holes and connectors. I am going to pick one up and see how close of a match it is and if it mounts to the car.

LeeH

Buick Ownership
Look forward to seeing your installation. Will it obstruct the deployment of the side airbag?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Our solution here in the American Southwest is just to tint the $hit out of everything. :LOL:

Best to you guys. I even had a band of tint applied across the top of the windshield as legal here in NM and my wife is still constantly fiddling with the passenger side visor.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
So I just found GM part 22936606 from the old body style Regal, it appears to have the same mounting holes and connectors. I am going to pick one up and see how close of a match it is and if it mounts to the car.

Definitely curious to see if it mounts right up!

HotwheelHTH

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
@HotwheelHTH Did you try it yet?

It's so infuriating how useless the stock visors are in the side window
I have been looking for the cheapest option, salvage yard is about $50, dealer is $110 and eBay is $50. Going to order one from eBay tonight, says it takes 7 days to travel 500 miles. Hoping to have it next week though. I will upload pictures of the process.

LeeH

Buick Ownership
Any consideration the overextended visor will interfere with the proper deployment of the side airbag installed in the B pillar?

My 2013 Volvo S60 also is equipped with a NON-extendable visor and has the side airbag in the B pillar as well. I don't think Volvo
cuts corners on convenience items.

Pedal Commander