• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Extended Warranty question

G-535576

Awaiting on arrival of a 2016 Cascada from Carmax. Purchased for my Wife. Has 2 years left on Powertrain warranty. My question is, do Cascada's have good reliability ratings? Vehicle is a one owner with 28,000 miles. My wife will probably only put maybe 3-4,000 miles per year on it. Just asking because I know sales person will be pushing an extended warranty. I don't think we need it, any comments regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
14 Lacrosse Premium AWD 15 Enclave Premium
Awaiting on arrival of a 2016 Cascada from Carmax. Purchased for my Wife. Has 2 years left on Powertrain warranty. My question is, do Cascada's have good reliability ratings? Vehicle is a one owner with 28,000 miles. My wife will probably only put maybe 3-4,000 miles per year on it. Just asking because I know sales person will be pushing an extended warranty. I don't think we need it, any comments regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.
With these modern cars the power train should be the least of your worries. Now I'm not saying that you won't have a problem with in the power train. My main concern is the Electronics. There is a lot more of that that you can have problems with. Im a firm believer in Extended warranties when it comes to these modern cars. A replacing of a radio unit can be $3000. I have Ally warranties on both of my Buicks.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The Cascada is a Buick import which has been discontinued so parts may possibly be expensive if it's a Cascada only model, not a sure item but something to be mindful of. Depending on what is offered in the addtional warranty, does include the roof and it's components as a example, bumper to bumper, etc may be worth reviewing. Also spend the time looking at all the Cascada posts which may help in identifying any potential problems that would help on the decision about adding the warranty.

billm1146

Buick Ownership
Cascada, Lucerne
I would buy an extended warranty. We have a 2016 Cascada we bought new and while it has actually been a reliable car, as 2007Lucerne said above it is discontinued and the Euro parts may get rare and expensive. This EW was our insurance for this issue.

I would recommend using Dennis Fichtner (dfichtner@dennymenholt.com) as a source, or at least compare prices using him. His is with a Chevy dealer and sells GM factory warranties (from AMT Warranty Corp) for all GM cars. He is very active on Corvette Forum and I use him. Great service, competitive price.

As you may know, since the GM bankruptcy the old GMPP extended warranty plan and underwriter is gone and GM has contracted with a new outside provider to give the "factory authorized" extended warranty and that is what Dennis sells. There are of course other extended warranties, and shop whom you like, but perhaps the GM authorized warranty provides some advantages.

Turbo Buick Badge