• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

External arcing at spark plug boot- base of coil pack

sandman900ss

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Just replaced the coolant hoses on a 2006 3800 engine. I had to remove two bolts holding the coil pack plate and set the assembly aside temporarily to access hose. Put it back in place and now have rough running and a visible and audible small spark at base of # 1 rubber plug and the base- it's externally arcing to a small bolt. Enlarge the pic and you can see it. Check engine light is now on. Obviously I loosened something there- tried pushing the rubber boot hard, but still the same. What did I loosen or upset to cause it? You can see the small spark just above the #1 cap base and that small bolt. How to fix?

Attachments

Last edited:

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
When you removed that boot did you twist it side to side before pulling or just pulled on it?
If you just pulled on it you may have broken the wire connection inside the boot.

Pedal Commander