factory amp bypass

century61

Indiana
Buick Ownership
2008 Buick Lucerne 3.8 liter
Looking at the pinout of the radio connector on my 2008 Lucerne it shows a "Low level" output for the speakers. This would probably be the un-amped radio output. Probably something similar on your car. Need to find a wiring diagram for the connector in your car. Just look for low level output. I think there is two per speaker (pos, neg).

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
can i bypass the amp at the connector .wire input wires from hu directly to output wires
do you have Concert sound II or III? The rear door speakers, the tweeters, etc all adds up to 9 instead of 6, yes?

IF so, there is a way. But Im not the one who knows how, the whole system isnt connected to the amp, though, so you would mainly find the change to the rear deck mostly. But tell us what you have for sure

Phantomphixer

Buick Ownership
2000 Park Avenue
do you have Concert sound II or III? The rear door speakers, the tweeters, etc all adds up to 9 instead of 6, yes?

IF so, there is a way. But Im not the one who knows how, the whole system isnt connected to the amp, though, so you would mainly find the change to the rear deck mostly. But tell us what you have for sure
9 speakers

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
Idk if It has concert II or III
that means concert sound iii. curious, do you have an Ultra or a base model? the rear quarter panel would say ultra instead of park avenue and the right side of the dash trim by the passenger door would say Buick Park Avenue Ultra instead of without it. You would also have a supercharger. If you dont have that, thats ok, i think, im just getting a sense for what all your car would have, relevant wise.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
also from my research, the amp is internally designed to make the rear deck only bass with limited bass up front, full range on the rear doors. so you will need to bypass or find something else to use to take full affect. fortunately, the connector at the amp can be de-pinned and you will have

Audio Amplifier

73222.gif

Connector Part Information
  • 32-Way F Micro-Pack 100 Series (BLU)
Pin
Wire Color
Circuit No.
Function
E1
LT GRN
Speaker Feed-Right Front
E2
TAN
Speaker Feed-Left Front
E3
GRY
Speaker Return-Left Front
E4
LT BLU
Speaker Return-Right Rear
E5
DK BLU
Speaker Feed-Right Rear
E6
BRN
Speaker Feed-Left Rear
E7
YEL
Speaker Return-Left Rear
E8
BLK/WHT
Ground-Clean
E9
BLK/WHT
Ground-Clean
E10

Not Used
E11
ORN
Fuse Output-Battery-Type 3 Fuse
E12
ORN
Fuse Output-Battery-Type 3 Fuse
E13
BLK
Speaker Feed-Left Front-Tweeter
E14
YEL
Speaker Return Left Front-Tweeter
E15
DK BLU
Speaker Feed-Left Front-Midrange
E16
LT BLU
Speaker Return-Left Front-Midrange
F1
DK GRN
Speaker Return-Right Front
F2
LT GRN
Speaker Feed-Right Front-Tweeter
F3
PPL
Speaker Return-Right Front-Tweeter
F4
LT BLU
Speaker Return-Front Center
F5
YEL
Speaker Feed-Front Center
F6
DK GRN
Speaker Return-Right Front-Midrange
F7
ORN
Speaker Feed-Right Front-Midrange
F8
WHT
Diagnostic Signal-Audio
F9
LT BLU/BLK
Subwoofer Speaker Return-Right
F10
LT GRN/BLK
Subwoofer Speaker Return-Left or Rear
F11
DK GRN
Subwoofer Speaker Feed-Left or Rear
F12
DK BLU/WHT
Subwoofer Speaker Feed-Left or Rear
F13
RED
Speaker Return-Right Rear-Midrange
F14
TAN
Speaker Feed-Right Rear-Midrange
F15
TAN
Speaker Feed-Left Rear-Midrange
F16
WHT
Speakerr Return-Left Rear-Midrange

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1631466228443.png this didnt post like it should have

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
I would expect the 3.5's in the rear doors to have hi-pass filters in the OEM amp to limit the power and bass to them. Your 6x9's wouldn't be very impressive.

An option is to feed them with the output from the head unit's rear channels. Those are used as inputs to the amp and don't have a load on them.

Wiring of the amp connector is shown below - (ignore the 'check these' comment)

7615276516_091b078fa2_z.jpg
i found this from an old 2018 thread, if that matches a 2000 wire pin out, you could bypass probably the ones you want. for example, if you have the desire for full range rear, a nice headunit, maybe, with the rear bypassed before the amp, then directly to speakers, leaving the rest in tact. Im no audio head so i have no idea if that makes sense. Like, if amping just two 6x9 with the internal amp of a headunit and leaving the rest to an amplifier, I have no idea if that sounds dumb or not LOL

whatcha trying to do

Phantomphixer

Buick Ownership
2000 Park Avenue
that means concert sound iii. curious, do you have an Ultra or a base model? the rear quarter panel would say ultra instead of park avenue and the right side of the dash trim by the passenger door would say Buick Park Avenue Ultra instead of without it. You would also have a supercharger. If you dont have that, thats ok, i think, im just getting a sense for what all your car would have, relevant wise.
Base model

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
They might have erased it on later models, but my 1998 says "concert III" on the grill of the speaker I believe.
yes if the grille says that, which is the primary way to know i think, then you have 9 speakers. the other way to verify would to check the rear doors for speakers and then if you have tweeters by the beltline on the front doors. the center dash i think is on the base too.. i cant remember. the rear deck and front lower doors would be present on a concert sound II/base system. concert sound II i think was the high end for the previous gen until 95 or 96, i think

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners