• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

fast flashing right turn signal

Shinnen

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi,
I own a 2009 Lucerne. Recently the right signal started flashing fast, on the dash and on the right ouside mirror. Yesterday, I was told that my right rear brake light is not working. Is there a connection, and how do I fix this?
Thanks,
.... john

Detroit, USA
Hi John!

Please let me know if you would like to have a technician at one of our certified dealerships diagnosis this concern for you. We are happy to help! You may send a private message at any time with your name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and name of preferred dealership. Thank you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

meister

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi,
I own a 2009 Lucerne. Recently the right signal started flashing fast, on the dash and on the right ouside mirror. Yesterday, I was told that my right rear brake light is not working. Is there a connection, and how do I fix this?
Thanks,
.... john
Check all your light bulbs as well as the correct rating. It happened to my 2008 Lucerne CXL. Technician just replaced rear light burnt bulb...

polarzak

Buick Ownership
Ex-Lucerne Owner, Now loving two Chrysler 300s.
Hi,
Yesterday, I was told that my right rear brake light is not working. Is there a connection, and how do I fix this?
Thanks,
.... john
That will cause the problem. You need to replace the blub. Just pull back the trunk liner, take the nuts off the tail light housing, pull housing out, unscrew dead bulb socket, replace bulb, and reassemble. $2 or $3 for the bulb, 15 minutes or less of your time.

Alternatively you can take it to the dealer, as Jessica suggests, and have your wallet emptied. :D

G-798633

I believe this is the notification that you have a bulb out. Very cleaver.....
I had the same blinking problem wih my 2000 LeSabre. All the bulbs checked out good! Problem was one of the feed wires to the bulb. So besides checking the bulbs, check to see that there is voltage to the bulb sockets!

chartny

Buick Newbie
Upstate NY
Buick Ownership
Buick Lucerne '11
Be sure to replace both bulbs. I replaced the one that burned out with new one I had on the shelf. It was OK for a few days and then the system did not like it and began to fast flash again. Seems it did not like the mismatch. Replaced both and it was happy. Good practice to replace in pairs. Any bulbs. They come in a pack of 2 for a reason. 2011 Lucerne.
-chart-

Bobert

Buick Newbie
Louisville KY
Buick Ownership
5 Buicks - new used 07 Lucerne, Black cream int with coco accents. 4 Reatti (Plural of Raetta)
Be sure to replace both bulbs. I replaced the one that burned out with new one I had on the shelf. It was OK for a few days and then the system did not like it and began to fast flash again. Seems it did not like the mismatch. Replaced both and it was happy. Good practice to replace in pairs. Any bulbs. They come in a pack of 2 for a reason. 2011 Lucerne.
-chart-
Replace in sets (Yes PAU owners). That's why they come in 2 packs. They got out like an old couple. One goes and the mate will die a few weeks later. One way to keep a tab whats going on back there is when driving away from the grocery. Check rear view mirror see if you can see your reflection in the plate glass window.

Pedal Commander