• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

few questions about the verano

canadian_bacon

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi,
Earlier this year got an Equinox, the seats were absolutely horrible, I had to give it away. The power on that car was sub par by any standards, but great fuel mileage. I was getting 27 mpg average.
Now I am driving a Ram1500 with the Hemi on it, it is a beast and a beauty. However, I kinda cry at the pump and I miss the sedan ride. So there is a Verano in the books soon for me, still debating if I should wait for the turbo or get the much lowered priced 12.
My 2 questions:

- Is the Verano 2.4l the same as the one in the Equinox? (direct injected, blah blah blah)
- Can you stream music via BT on the base models? The Equinox did not, but it took the calls, etc.
- Is the 2.0T the same one that was on the Cobalt SS?
- I plan on keeping the car for 7-8 years. Which one of these engines would be more reliable for high mileage (~200.000miles)?
- Do they ever get 0% financing on the Buicks?

Thanks !

Last edited:

HonoluluBlueEsq

Buick Ownership
Buick
The only of these questions that I've got any input is the power question. The 2012 non-turbo has adequate power, but it isn't thrilling. If you want that, you need to wait - and pay the dollars.

warmpabst

Lake Orion, MI
Buick Ownership
Verano
The 2.4 is the same as in the Equinox.
Intellilink is standard on all models, so you will be able to stream music over BT.
I've never seen 0%.

I'm really happy with mine, I highly recommend it.

mercurio

Dallas, TX
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Verano
Hands down go with the 2.4 over the 2.0 turbo if you are concerned with reliability. The smaller displacement turbo has to work harder than the 2.4L.