• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

FINALLY found my dream car! New TourX owner in Minnesota.

Artyldr01

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Until coming to this forum I would have sworn, I was one of, like, 12 people in the US that liked wagons. I've always been more of a sports car guy (though I traded in a 2013 Silverado) but want to carry "stuff." At one point I had a used Mazda 6s Wagon. LOVED the styling, power, etc, but it was pretty basic and constant CELs.

I kept looking at Audi wagons, Volvos, especially the new V60 and V90 but couldn't stomach the price. Then I see a black wagon at work, it was sexy, I couldn't figure it out, then I saw the badging...BUICK?!?! THAT is the only one I've seen in the wild, and that was before winter.

After using my truck to tow a uhaul for my mother-in-law, I started looking more seriously at trading. I don't remember why I started looking on September 29th, but it was fortuitous. End of month and end of year blowout pricing.

In the entire Minneapolis-St. Paul area, hell, within 500 miles there was only one car that was IT.

2018, TourX Essence, Blue, Shale interior DCP 1, Moonroof. I would have liked the Bose Sight and Sound package as well but the standard sound isn't bad! I will be adding WeatherTech or similar floor mats, but for $24,525 after trade on a sticker of $39,315...I couldn't be more thrilled! It had 42 miles when I bought it and the slip of paper with the manual said it arrived in port May of 2018, roughly year on the lot? She has over 700 miles already. Now if I can find a way to keep the pollen and hard water deposits off her!

Anyway, I look forward to learning and sharing with other clearly briliant folks here! If you are ever in the area give me a shout.

(I'll get better photos soon!)20190430_184631.jpg20190430_193015.jpg

WeLikeIt

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX, 2003 Century, 1989 Regal
Wax wax and more wax. It took about 5 coats of Maguires cleaner wax before my hood stopped looking blotchy. Mines black with the tiny metal flake, but it looks so nice with a good wax job. And the pollen and other crud doesn't stick near as bad with the wax.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Wax wax and more wax. It took about 5 coats of Maguires cleaner wax before my hood stopped looking blotchy. Mines black with the tiny metal flake, but it looks so nice with a good wax job. And the pollen and other crud doesn't stick near as bad with the wax.
Another nod to Meguiar's, but mine is to then use their #7 sealer/reseal glaze.

I've been using that on black cars for 34 years and I haven't found another product that adds depth to dark colors as well.

Follow that with Meguiar's #26 for that show car look and feel.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Nice car, Arty! Your story and new TourX almost same as mine. Maybe I was person 11? When my most-recent sportier car was coming due, I kept telling the dealership I wanted and AWD wagon, preferably US-branded - they told me no such thing - I told them yes there is, and one of your dealerships has a couple of 'em. They couldn't figure out how to put me in one, so I went elsewhere. As others have said, like this vehicle more all the time - can't wait for next trip to the hills

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Awesome!!! Welcome from a fellow wagon nerd (and neighboring state of Wisconsin). Did you buy that at Whitaker Buick?

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I think that Regals have been surprising people since 2011. They are just about the complete opposite of what one expects in a Buick because they are European cars that are incredibly fun to drive and very good looking.
If these cars were properly marketed they could be a best seller. Instead we are a small group of owners that have special vehicles. Enjoy!!

Artyldr01

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Awesome!!! Welcome from a fellow wagon nerd (and neighboring state of Wisconsin). Did you buy that at Whitaker Buick?
I sure did! They had 3, each had something i liked (one with sight and sound in silver, one smoke with DCP2) and this one. All had DCP1.

Artyldr01

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I must say, I really think they not marketing it well, and there is DEFINITELY Anti-Buick (old guy car) and anti-wagon bias in this country. I'm disappointed only in that I want to ensure there is a lifetime of support for her, but in reality, I LIKE having something no one else (other than us cool folks) has.

I do this stupid game in my head when driving, or I used to, "which vehicle do I like better (than my current)" kind. I evaluate ever car, briefly, "yes or no." Just a stupid thing bored in traffic. I can honestly say there is not a single car on the road I want more. My dream car is an Aston Martin, but in reality, even if I could afford it, I think I still like this better (other than that V-12 sound!).

Only thing killing me is the inevitable wear on the floor mats, pollen, little scuff here/ there. Hasn't happened yet, but inevitable.

Artyldr01

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Welcome! Hope to see you around the TC sometime. 😎
I'm up in Shoreview/Arden Hills but like getting to the city and since we wre still new, I love to explore the little local, out of the way, or not to miss sites.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I sure did! They had 3, each had something i liked (one with sight and sound in silver, one smoke with DCP2) and this one. All had DCP1.
I thought it sounded familiar - I tried to buy yours over a month ago but couldn’t get it done. Glad they could for you! And I agree Aston’s are very cool...until they break.

Artyldr01

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I thought it sounded familiar - I tried to buy yours over a month ago but couldn’t get it done. Glad they could for you! And I agree Aston’s are very cool...until they break.
Timing was right. Last day of the month, last model year. There were big discounts. It had a "special" at $28999 down $39,315. Like I said, good timing!

My dad raced Sunbeam Alpines back in the day, so I've always had a thing for British. Sunbeam, Triumph, Aston Martin. Someday...when Incan afford to keep a mechanic and tow truck on retainer!

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Maybe I'm biased, but BEAUTIFUL CAR! Is that black or dark blue? Looks like the moon blue but hard to tell on my monitor. Love that color. Also, welcome to the group. I agree, there's just not much else out there even close to TourX, and certainly not this affordable.

My story was I'd been driving my RDX for 12 years so I had been casually looking at a new ride but was pretty non-plussed with most of what was out there, and did not want to spend more than $35k...then [not realizing it though it's painfully evident now] I read a biased review in early '18 from C&D...I thought TourX was good looking but that review and the $40k loaded pricing left me cold. Began looking at the gorgeous V60/90 but their pricing...just no.

Fast forward to last October when I spied a TourX on the road here in KC and was like holy cripes, I need to get a closer look! Was on my way to work and the guy was far off in the other direction of traffic, but it was enough to get me researching in this forum, youtube, other car mags reviews, etc.

Then GM started the heavy incentives and I traded in the RDX for my wagon on 2/1/19...and am really digging it. My wife and sister (yes I live in KS but no they're not the same person LOL) give me good-natured crap about driving a wagon...they just don't know what cool is, though! 😎 :driving:🎸