First Aid Kit in tailgate?

Thread starter #1

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence, 2011 LaCrosse CXS, 2009 Enclave CXL
Anyone figure out what first aid kit fits nicely in the rear tailgate spot?

The US GM ones don’t appear to be the right size, but I think the same part number if I buy in the UK might fit.

Vauxhall Insignia (2008-) First Aid Kit - INS-93199417

While I wait for part confirmation and shipping estimate, anyone find anything local that fits there?

Buick Ownership
1993 Riviera, 2018 Regal TourX

Bimmer

3.8L Member
Humboldt County, CA; or Germany
Buick Ownership
Not yet...
These are kind of standard pieces in Europe. Of course Opel sells their own Opel-branded pieces, but versions of the triangle and first aid kit are available at every hardware or car parts store.

NB: The first aid kits "expire" every several years, so most Germans I know buy a new one to pass inspection and then keep the old one at home.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
It shows a Bulb Kit with H1 bulbs. What cars use H1 bulbs today? I only wish my two cars used H1 or better yet, H4 bulbs. My Tour-X uses LED and my other car uses HID.

What's even worse, the car I traded, plus my Tour-X must have the front facia removed in order to change headlights. (Perhaps the whole assembly replaced). (Beaucoup Bucks!!!!!) I think I can change my factory HID bulb myself, but not my LED. Never had problems with Quartz Iodine - Quartz Halogen bulbs. Pop old bulb out, put new bulb in. Five minute job.

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I’m sure once you know how to do it, the front fascia comes off in no time at all. I can have the whole front off my Jetta in 10 minutes.

I think one of the benefits of LED is that it lasts exponentially longer than incandescent style bulbs, so you shouldn’t need to be doing roadside replacements every couple years.

I guess I’ll see if that’s the case, though.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Yeah, I am not expecting that the LED headlamps in the car will ever need servicing. If anything, a failure of one of these headlight assemblies will probably "total" the car in a decade from now. Who knows how many spares will be available for a rare car like this.

Thread starter #8

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence, 2011 LaCrosse CXS, 2009 Enclave CXL
It came today and seems to fit pretty well.

VTSummit

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
H1 bulbs?? I took a look at my low beams by taking off the port cover and the plug looked to be two prong, which would be H7. Are you sure? I plan to experiment with H7 LEDs... if they are adjustable in depth and rotation, they can work well in stock reflectors. Usually what makes LED retrofit not work is the depth of the LED itself doesn't match the "hot spot" of a filament from a regular bulb.
H1 just doesn't seem right- unless maybe for the fog lights... those wouldn't surprise me.
The owner's manual doesn't list bulbs as far as I can tell.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.