• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

First impressions.

Sleeper

Buick Ownership
MyTourX2019@
I drove a 1992 Galant VR4 for 10 years then got a good deal on a 2004 Acura TL that I drove for 10 years.
The transmission in the Acura went out and needed a car.
No idea what to get. Looked around and realized that times have changed so did the cars and the prices.
Almost got another Acura when I remembered seeing the TourX a couple of years ago and the hunt started.
There was none locally. At first I looked for used then for shits and giggles a did a new car search. Found a 2019 Essence with driver confidence package #1 plus roof rack for $25k in Mississippi.
Well, the car arrived yesterday.
I'll be honest. If I would have seen this car in person I would had walked away and bought an Acura TLX.
This thing feels cheap. Like Chevy Cruze kind of cheap. Or any crappy low end rental car cheap.
Leather seats? Feels like vinyl to me.
Plastic dash, door panels, center console, arm rest.
Carpet? My subwoofer box in the 90's had thicker felt on it. It's an absolute joke.
I can't return the car so, I'll deal with it and try to make it my own. I do like the look and the power is decent.
Rant off! 😂

erikwi

Buick Ownership
2019 tourx
Mine has cloth and the seat materials seem kinda thin and cheap as far as cloth goes too.

I wish the steering effort was adjustable too.

ready2fly

Tampa, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
LOL? Acura is crazy overpriced these days. My previous cars include 2014 Acura TSX w/Tech and 2014 Acura RDX w/Tech AWD. I had a choice to spend $30k in trade difference to get another new Acura RDX/TLX or spend $20k and get a new Regal. I am absolutely happy I got my Regal. Yes, plastic is cheap, but infotainment is 1000 times better than Honda/Acura garbage. Parts are cheap, service is great. Regal rides almost as good as Lexus, less sporty than Acura, but much more refined/plush than Acura TLX/ILX. I also test drove RLX, it is crazy overpriced for what it is. I refuse to waste extra $10k on another Acura.

Last edited:

50Joe

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Design issues from my viewpoint: Yes, plastics are cheap looking and should be soft touch, etc. My Mazda6 was waaaay better. Sun visors suck ($20 Amazon solution). Interior door grab handles can't hold things like your phone ($15 ebay solution). Cup holders suck (don't really care for myself but a passenger might). Leather on seats isn't premium stuff but does look like it will hold up well over time. I think the power and economy are pretty darn good considering the size and weight of the vehicle. Driving dynamics are decent as an all purpose vehicle but I have a Miata when I want to go play in the mountains. My 2019 Essencer retailed for $39,210. I paid $27k out the door. At that price I think it is an absolute steal and a whole lot of car for the money. Your purchase at $25k is an even better deal. I'd look at it that way and be happy with it.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I love reading these posts. Sorrynotsorry you bought a car without sitting in one? You went from an Acura to a GM product so...

I’ll take hard plastic over soft touch any day. My 03 Jetta is riddled with peeled off soft touch junk. It’s like an old seed corn cap where the lining flakes off onto your head.

remmy

Hampton, VA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Cup holders suck (don't really care for myself but a passenger might).

Like as in the TourX? No way. These cup holders are AWESOME. The big one holds a big Yet/Tervis Tumbler cup perfectly and the two up front at the center stack hold cans like a human hand can grip them. They are miles above my '04 suburban (worlds WORST cupholders), '13 S60, & my past '13 Civic Si.

erikwi

Buick Ownership
2019 tourx
Like as in the TourX? No way. These cup holders are AWESOME. The big one holds a big Yet/Tervis Tumbler cup perfectly and the two up front at the center stack hold cans like a human hand can grip them. They are miles above my '04 suburban (worlds WORST cupholders), '13 S60, & my past '13 Civic Si.
No rear seat cup holders at all in my car
How is that better

remmy

Hampton, VA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Yea, that's stupid they didn't do that across the board on all trim levels. Makes no sense really.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I love reading these posts. Sorrynotsorry you bought a car without sitting in one? You went from an Acura to a GM product so...

I’ll take hard plastic over soft touch any day. My 03 Jetta is riddled with peeled off soft touch junk. It’s like an old seed corn cap where the lining flakes off onto your head.
I checked out but did not drive my TourX prior to purchase. It was shipped to me fro down south. Although he is being a bit harsh, I don't disagree with the OP regarding the points he made, if it were a $39K car. But he bought new at $25K , I paid less. I look the other way at the GM penny pinching because in the end, the TourX was a fail for GM, deservedly so, for a lot of reasons, but a heck of a car for me at a really low price.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.

NEVER BUY A CAR SIGHT UNSEEN.

Don’t special order.
Don’t buy a dealer trade.
Drive the EXACT car you want to buy.

I’ve been burned in the past (twice) and refuse to be burned again.

FWIW, I’m presently looking for a previous owned car to replace my 2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T Limited. I know what I want. Turned down an offer from a local dealer. (Thief-Crook) so Tomorrow Or day after, I’m driving down to Tampa yo check out another. If I like it, I’ll write out a check and pick up a day or two later. If I don’t like it, well that’s why I don’t buy sight unseen.

Sleeper

Buick Ownership
MyTourX2019@
I checked out but did not drive my TourX prior to purchase. It was shipped to me fro down south. Although he is being a bit harsh, I don't disagree with the OP regarding the points he made, if it were a $39K car. But he bought new at $25K , I paid less. I look the other way at the GM penny pinching because in the end, the TourX was a fail for GM, deservedly so, for a lot of reasons, but a heck of a car for me at a really low price.

You agreed so harsh or not it's true.
I think the reason these cars weren't selling wasn't because everybody wants an SUV.
I have a feeling a person sitting in the TourX for the first time and knowing it's going to cost nearly $40k, it was an automatic turn off.
The car feels no more than a $25k car.
I got a deal and I'm peachy. If I had paid full price, I would have looked at and test drove the car. Unfortunately in this case it wasn't an option.
I'll make it mine my way and I'll be happy.

dlbritton

NC
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Preferred
We just ordered a Preferred yesterday with cloth interior and I thought the interior was fine. We are going from a 2008 Subaru Outback and keeping a Mazda3 with cloth, with our previous cars being 70s, 80s and 90s Hondas or Mazdas so we never had "luxury" or "near luxury" cars before.

I do agree at $40K or so the interior would be somewhat of a turnoff but at less than $30K it is perfectly acceptable. I never saw the leather so I can't comment on that.

Sleeper

Buick Ownership
MyTourX2019@
We just ordered a Preferred yesterday with cloth interior and I thought the interior was fine. We are going from a 2008 Subaru Outback and keeping a Mazda3 with cloth, with our previous cars being 70s, 80s and 90s Hondas or Mazdas so we never had "luxury" or "near luxury" cars before.

I do agree at $40K or so the interior would be somewhat of a turnoff but at less than $30K it is perfectly acceptable. I never saw the leather so I can't comment on that.

My ex had a 2010 Mazda 3, that's exactly what I would compare the TourX to.
Comfortable and simple to use (less the technology added to the TourX)
Obviously the 2010 Mazda was plain Jane.
It was quite buzzy with its 4 cylinder engine and didn't have much power to quickly pass on ac2 lane road.
The TourX is quiter by a long shot and definitely have more power to get up and go.
If you like your Mazda you'll live the TourX!

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I'm probably in the minority here but I find the interior to be pretty good. There are a few details they didn't address well, the fake molded stitches on the top of the dash and no lining in the map pockets, the cupholder situation isn't ideal, the accent lighting should have extended to the rear doors. I agree that the leather isn't great but to me it's not horrible. I don't know how well it will hold up over time but at 23K miles on mine and it isn't showing any wear yet. They should have offered more interior color choices like in Europe and possibly they could have upholstered the seats and door panels with some different details, maybe contrasting panels or something more unique but the seats themselves I really like, however in this class of car they should have been available with cooling. I didn't get the smokin deals I read about here but for what I paid I thought I got my money's worth. I do still really love this car after almost a year and a half. Missed details aside though I wish the car felt more solid. Time and miles will tell but it just doesn't feel as well built as the other European cars I've owned.

Macros

Cleveland
Buick Ownership
19 Regal Sportback GS
I can't comment on the leather in the TourX (I know it's different from the Regal GS), but I've driven a TL and while the exterior was nice, the interior was basic Honda with loads of plastics too. The new TLX continued that trend and wasn't anything special interior-wise (with a much uglier nose). I don't recall Mitsubishi having high end interiors either in the 90's (I owned two Eclipses in the 90's one GS and one GSX).

When you boil it down, you really got a lot of car for the money. I mean...what else can you get at $25k as nice as the TourX? The best part of it is that very few people will ever even experience the interior, and the exterior looks like a much more expensive car than it is.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
//
I can't comment on the leather in the TourX (I know it's different from the Regal GS), but I've driven a TL and while the exterior was nice, the interior was basic Honda with loads of plastics too. The new TLX continued that trend and wasn't anything special interior-wise (with a much uglier nose). I don't recall Mitsubishi having high end interiors either in the 90's (I owned two Eclipses in the 90's one GS and one GSX).

When you boil it down, you really got a lot of car for the money. I mean...what else can you get at $25k as nice as the TourX? The best part of it is that very few people will ever even experience the interior, and the exterior looks like a much more expensive car than it is.
Well the "leather" is the kind you find in 2 star hotel lobby or a doctors office waiting room. Low grade hard hide with a paint on finish. Hope it wears well at least. A very high end vinyl would have been better.

$25 Large is what a lot of used TourX are currently listed. Show me more car new for under $30K out the door price, forget 25K. At 40K, I passed real quirk when they first came out. GM was not realistic. MSRP was high by $5K & few discounts. I really feel good and like my $25K AWD semi-luxury Turbo wagon.
I did not test drive a TourX, never-mind the one trucked up to me. I took the chance and lucked out. I paid attn. to the sales paperwork and collected countless reviews of the TourX, / Insignia/ Holden.
You know what really makes me have a smug smile; I put 50% down, financed thru Pen Fed for 48 months, only need to make 30 more payments of $221 per month, and the car still is new to me. That not even a used car payment.

Last edited:
Get your turbo buick badge right here!