• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

First snow, observations and questions

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Ran the TourX in our first significant snowfall of season - first for me in this car. All stock, performed real well. A little disappointed windshield interior defrost sometimes has to be re-cranked-up to keep inside fogging at bay during 45+ min commute one way.

Exterior lights kept mostly clear. Being LED's (all?), wondering if she has some kind of augmented heating for any of the exterior lights?

All input appreciated.winter 1.jpg

Beachman

Jennerstown Pennsylvania
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX, Esscence, Red Needles, Quick Silver Metalic, DCP1, S&S
How do you like TourX in the snow? Was wondering how the stock all seasons would do in a real snow event? I haven't had the chance to play in the snow with ours yet. Just started snowing today with lake effect snow on and off today and tonight with a of 24 degrees (down hill from their the next couple days). We only had car 2 months. Traded in a 2017 Kia Sorento ex turbo for our TourX Essence (silver). The Sorento was awesome in the snow. Not sure how this will be being lower to the ground and a different all wheel drive system. Just had some Bridgestone Blizzac ws80 snow tires delivered the other day from the Tire Rack, cant wait to try out both. I was wondering the other day about snow on those headlights. Being LED, heard story's of snow and ice not melting off other LED cars. (Love those headlights, very bright with great pattern) Just need to do something about the useless fog lights (Maybe get LED bulbs their also).

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
With the blizzaks on your TourX you will feel like driving up the side of a building. I’ve seen reviews that feel your car’s system is superior to Quattro.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
How do you like TourX in the snow? Was wondering how the stock all seasons would do in a real snow event? I haven't had the chance to play in the snow with ours yet. Just started snowing today with lake effect snow on and off today and tonight with a of 24 degrees (down hill from their the next couple days). We only had car 2 months. Traded in a 2017 Kia Sorento ex turbo for our TourX Essence (silver). The Sorento was awesome in the snow. Not sure how this will be being lower to the ground and a different all wheel drive system. Just had some Bridgestone Blizzac ws80 snow tires delivered the other day from the Tire Rack, cant wait to try out both. I was wondering the other day about snow on those headlights. Being LED, heard story's of snow and ice not melting off other LED cars. (Love those headlights, very bright with great pattern) Just need to do something about the useless fog lights (Maybe get LED bulbs their also).
My TourX went on the road march 2018, some limited snow experience it did ok. I will find out soon how these work.
Please see Post #303.
Has anyone replace their Tourx wheels?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I've always had to adjust fan speed and heat to keep the defroster going and windows clear.

But I sing in the car so I'm sure I'm pumping out more air than those who don't.
Had not thought about, but might be sure way to deter big tech from listening.to you without permission.

Beachman

Jennerstown Pennsylvania
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX, Esscence, Red Needles, Quick Silver Metalic, DCP1, S&S
Well, Finally got to play in the snow last night. Its our first storm of the season with lots of lake effect snow bands and white out conditions. Stepson got his car (kia optima) stuck at work and had to go rescue him. I was impressed. The all season tires did better then I thought, car was a tank, only issue was glazed ice at intersections were all seasons just couldn't grip anything. That's were Blizzac's shine, cant wait to get them on. I was really second guessing myself on this car (was seriously considering Subaru Outback Limited) because of the winters with the snow we get living in hilly terrain of the laurel highlands of Pa. The headlights blew me away...I thought those really bright LED's would suck in the white outs, but I could see pretty good and the lights never really built up any snow on them. Being LED's you would think with the lack of heat from bulbs, this would have been an issue. Glad its not.
Loved the auto heated seats and defrosters/mirrors that came on and off with out my input. That's a great feature. I keep forgetting to use my heated steering wheel. I'm not used to having this.

Opietheopel

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal TourX
I am currently struggling with the fogging in my car. It fogs up in the top left and the rest of the side windows fogs up even with the defroster at full blast for a hour (commute is 1 he 20 minutes each way) I'm glad I'm not the only one

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Thanks for the replies.

Beachman - my most recent daily drivers have been 2WD, most of my daily driving is on the flat, and driving around during snow events (even heavy ones) is mostly limited by other drivers anyway. But I did not want to have to really plan out how I was to get back up the Niagara escarpment on my commute home, and I like to venture into the hills when roads are snow-covered - for this reason, and many others, I got the TourX. So even with just the stock all-seasons, I think this thing is great in the snow - although I do understand its limitations due to clearance, not the best tires for snow

PDan - I sing too, I have found myself trying not to point my mouth towards the windshield - and/ot turn up fan speed

Opie - good to know I'm not the only one fogging up. I mostly use non-auto climate control, so turning on AC (running the compressor) helps dry the air and reduces fogging potential

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Gentlemen, use your AC for the fogging issue.
It might make no sense to you, but you'll be surprised. I have climate control set to 70, as soon as I get fogging, I'll run an AC to get rid of it.
And for those that has automatic climate control systems, set it at auto first and then press the windshield button. It would clear fairly quickly.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
yeah, I was going to suggest this, but couldn't figure out which button to use to get A/C on. I just use the auto and then add defroster.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
yeah, I was going to suggest this, but couldn't figure out which button to use to get A/C on. I just use the auto and then add defroster.
From what I can see in the pictures of my research for the vehicle, there is no hard buttons to switch on or off the A/C.
That means we would have to go to the climate menu from the radio screen to turn it on/off.
So the auto is the only other option. :(
1573773396847.png

Red_X

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
The AC button in mine has 3 modes to cycle between: press once for Max AC, press again for Eco, then press a third time to turn the compressor off for fan-only. I'd think the auto version would have a similar option.

Wagonlover

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tourx
My first post but have been visiting the forum for a couple weeks now and enjoy finding other TourX enthusiasts. I live in north central Minnesota and took delivery of my Essence model in late September of 2018.
We experienced a snowy last winter in Minnesota and I was impressed with how my TourX handled in the snow. As good as the Volvo V70 AWD it replaced. My only nitpicks are the tight clearance in the wheel wells causing snow, slush and ice to buildup and also the fact that snow gets packed in the factory wheels. Otherwise I’m very satisfied with the performance.

Pedal Commander