• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

First snow, observations and questions

mooooo

Buick Ownership
tourx
But what is the system capable of? That's what driving me nuts. Can it do 90/10 or 10/90 when needed to get out of a snowbank?
The twinster is capable of sending 100% of torque any where, including a single wheel.

What it’s going to decide to do, i can’t tell you.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Good to know, thanks Norm.

I agree, seems to have a bit happier rear-end. I like that, as I learned in the snow/crud in a big 'ol RWD Skylark.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Good to know, thanks Norm.

I agree, seems to have a bit happier rear-end. I like that, as I learned in the snow/crud in a big 'ol RWD Skylark.
For me it was Dear Ol' Dad's B-body wagons. Caprice Estate, LeSabre Estate, Custom Cruiser etc. Those old gals were remarkably stable in the snow even though you could slide them pretty easy.

My Cutlass Supreme required lots of trunk ballast even with posi-trac.

FishOhio

Central Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence White Frost Tricoat
Can it do 90/10 or 10/90 when needed to get out of a snowbank?
While researching the Tourx last year, I found a YouTube video review that compared the AWD systems of the Sportback and Tourx to the Audi A6 Quattro. The Buick product manager said the system can apply 100% of the torque to 1 wheel.

Check out this video. The AWD topic is around the 7:20 mark.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Just did a little playing in the snow and found the car to be pretty well balanced. I really didn't find it tail happy but perhaps I have a different definition. In normal driving I couldn't get it to rotate but in parking lot maneuvers it did rotate but the TC and stability control quickly clamped down on the fun. With TC off it was a little more lively but with stability off it was able to hang the back end out as much as I wanted. I really need to get to an open parking lot and try it in all modes to see what works best for me. It is very different from my Audi and past Subaru in the way it handles. I think the biggest surprise for me were the stock tires, I wasn't a fan before so I was expecting them to suck but they had decent grip for an all season.

mooooo

Buick Ownership
tourx
Psssssss... Do you have a citation? Word of mouth is fine but finding resources has been frustratingly difficult.
100% torque to one wheel is how “drift mode “ works in the ford ASBO.

ECB

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Going slowly up a neighbors icy driveway last night, I lost traction and all forward motion. Backed down a little to restart and gain momentum and had no further issues. I did notice four tire spinning marks, one at each wheel, so all four wheels received power. Waiting for back ordered wheels and snow tires.

Pedal Commander