• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

First trip with my new TourX

dlbritton

NC
2019 TourX Preferred
I took delivery of a 2019 TourX Preferred with S&S, DC1 and moonroof last week.
Drove from central NC to mountains in VA near Lynchburg.
Car is fantastic. Nice cruising on the limited access 65 & 70 mph sections then handled like a charm on the twisty 2 lane roads heading into the mountains. Very confidence inspiring handling on curves. Definitely handles better than my 2008 Subaro Outback, probably beats my 2016 Mazda3 hatchback. I think my 1996 Acura Integra was faster in the tight turns but about equal in gradual constant radius turns.
I tried out manual shifting mode some but after going up one stretch in 6th and down in 3rd for engine breaking I decided to leave it in D for the final stretch up to the resort, a climb of 3000ft in about 2.5 miles. Great response with little turbo lag on acceleration. I have to drop my Subaru to 3rd approaching the resort and 2nd when I am in the resort itself climbing up hill. The TourX just puttered right along.
Currently running 87E10. Gonna try 88E15 on the return trip.
All in a a fantastic drive, better than I was expecting.
The only downside is the ride is so smooth and controlled I found myself doing 75 in a 55 zone on the back 2 lane roads on relatively straight stretches. I like to cruise the Blue Ridge Parkway but with 35 and 45 mph limits I worry about tickets.
Way back when I still had a Mazda RX7 I found myself doing 90 in a 35 zone around Grandfather Mountain. I'm not sure how much trouble you get in for going 55 over the limit but it probably isn't pretty. I don't think the TourX is quite that risky but I can easily see cruising along at 75 in a 45 zone and not realizing it.

Wlepse

NNJ
2018 Regal TourX Essence
It really is a great car to eat up miles. I do wish there were other suspension options that don't lower it, that would really make it that much better in the turns.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
2018 Regal TourX
The car is definitely eats up the miles.

I do disagree with quite a few here though in that I hit the limits of grip far before I think the suspension is letting me down. Heck I MIGHT take a thicker roll bar but I sure don't want things to be "stiffer".

Wlepse

NNJ
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I would love a thicker rear bar to reduce roll, but need stiffer springs since it sags too much when loaded. My initial tests with air bags didn't do much but now they are recommending a different kit. I may try that next year.

dlbritton

NC
2019 TourX Preferred
Came back from the mountains yesterday. Going down the mountain I put it in M3 and engine braking did a good job of controlling the speed. I had to touch the brakes occasionally but didn't have to roast them.

Back on the 2 lanes the only problem was finding myself doing 75 in a 55 zone on several occasions. I finally put it on cruise even though I don't like driving curvy 2 lanes with cruise.
88E15 at Sheetz was 20cents higher than 87E10 at Valero (Top Tier) 30 miles down the road so my E15 experiment will have to wait.

Passing on 2 lane roads was a breeze. A little lag on first pressing the accelerator then it took off.

Last edited:

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
2018 Regal TourX
Came back from the mountains yesterday. Going down the mountain I put it in M3 and engine breaking did a good job of controlling the speed. I had to touch the brakes occasionally but didn't have to roast them.

Back on the 2 lanes the only problem was finding myself doing 75 in a 55 zone on several occasions. I finally put it on cruise even though I don't like driving curvy 2 lanes with cruise.
88E15 at Sheetz was 20cents higher than 87E10 at Valero (Top Tier) 30 miles down the road so my E15 experiment will have to wait.

Passing on 2 lane roads was a breeze. A little lag on first pressing the accelerator then it took off.
Got to wait for that turbo to spool up. It's great at doing 35 to 100 mph pulls.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!