First Trip

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
Though we’ve had it for 6 months…..

Pittsburgh to Warrenton VA & Back. Only 531 miles, Avg speed 51 MPH = 31 MPG. Traveled up over the Laurels, RT 51 South to 40 Uniontown on to Kysers Ridge, on to 68 into Cumberland on to Paw-Paw Wv An then on to 81 a bit to Warrenton. Lovely drive, even in the winter. Car rode and felt great.

No real idea of MPG’s because I had put on my 16” wheels (& Blizzacks) from the Sonic which really threw off the Odometer and Speedometer quite a bit. The overall tire height was down about 2”. Had to use the GPS for actual speed. Hit some snow on the back roads but mostly just sloppy.

Which brings up the only bad issue. I’ve really got to get the Washer Sprayers aimed. Seemed the only way to clear was to spray when stopped. Really irritating and dangerous. Had bought the “TOOL” months back and have tried adjusting (without forcing) the nozzles but they did not move. Looks like the only thing left to do is head to the Dealer. :banghead:

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
Sounds like a nice trip Bluesky. We just did one this weekend as well, DC > Asheville NC and back. Cruise control set to 75 mph for nearly 900 miles round trip on I-81. We managed a miserable 24.5 mpg average :)

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Good fuel economy over those hills!

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
Breaking News! (sort of) – Was ABLE to adjust the Driver’s Side Nozzle – least I think I did, (too darn cold to test outdoors under speed). But I was able to see some of the spray up over beyond the window

Would have been wise to have safety glasses on if standing outside the door and hitting the sprayer at the same time

I took the Tool (purchased overseas) and placed a ViceGrip on the back end so that I could “Push” it in with more pressure. (Once seated properly into the Nozzle of course)

So…. I lined up the Cross Cut into the Nozzle, then PUSH in a bit – should see/feel the ball(?) go in a tad, then lift (i.e. aim) the “but” end of the tool a BIT higher. Did not take much movement to make a great change – then pull the tool back out.

One thing I noticed, trying this on the Passenger side did not (yet) make any difference… I’ve yet to feel it move inward. But that side was never as bad (i.e. not too low) – May play with it some more later.

I contacted my Dealer and told them to hold the presses, no need for me to stop in (for now)

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
How were your Sprayers?

Didn't use them much, but they were adequate, though wife has commented more than once that they leave streaks under the center of the driver wiper- and they do.

In contrast, the Lacrosse wiper is immensely more heavy, smooth, and deliberate in it's swiping. When you fire off the LaX wipers it is a thing of sturdiness and beauty. Wipe wipe boom, it leaves a perfectly clear piece of glass behind with no skipping or streaks. I literally can't perceive of a better job that could be done.

After living with those babies for a couple years now the Encore wiper is a noticeably cheap and flimsy money saving version which sadly falls short of it's intended use.

Good fuel economy over those hills!

Really? I would have liked to be much closer to 30 mpg as stated on the window sticker. I think of a hill as having 2 sides, one up where the car works hard, one down where the car gets a break. Not sure why hills should matter :)

Get your turbo buick badge right here!