Flashing engine light and car shimming

G-245743

Hi just came out of the mountains in the pouring rain and car was low on gas and pull into a gas station and it is shimmying and the engine light is flashing. Put gas in it put dry gas in it and still shimmying. Driving it on the highway and pulled off about 20 minutes later and it still is shaking even in neutral. Struggles to accelerate at low speed‘s but back on the highway and seems to be riding OK but I know it still is shimmying when in neutral. Help

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
you need to have it scanned to see why the check engine light is on.
the engine may be wet and you have wires or other ignition components, coils, ICM, etc. that are shorting out.

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
Hi just came out of the mountains in the pouring rain and car was low on gas and pull into a gas station and it is shimmying and the engine light is flashing. Put gas in it put dry gas in it and still shimmying. Driving it on the highway and pulled off about 20 minutes later and it still is shaking even in neutral. Struggles to accelerate at low speed‘s but back on the highway and seems to be riding OK but I know it still is shimmying when in neutral. Help
Engine light flashing is a cylinder(s) that is actively misfiring. Continuing to drive when this happens can lead to catastrophic engine damage and/or damage to the catalytic converter.

Dirt

GA
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Encore, 2012 Buick Regal GS, Other cars:1999 Ferrari 360,2001 Corvette Z06,2005 Silverado
For the life of me, I do not understand why people on ALL car forums look for help with an "engine light" and symptoms without scanning the system first. It will immediately tell you what's going on with your car instead of waiting how long for a bunch of self-proclaimed internet mechanics to take guesses on a car forum, most of which are famous for spreading misinformation. OBD scanners are super cheap nowadays, not to mention that any auto parts store will do it for free. Flashing usually indicates misfire, but many things can cause that. Scan your computer.