Fog Lamp Adjustment

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
The other night was the first time we had the car out while dark. I turned on the Fog Lights and noticed that while they indeed worked, they were aimed mighty low. I could barely tell they were even on except for ?5? feet in front of the car.

So as with most things mechanical… My motto has always been; If they didn’t want you to open it, they shouldn’t have put it together with screws. (Nor even rivets or welds sometimes) J

Always one to learn the hard way, I started by looking UNDER the car – found that the panel (2 Torx screws / bend it away) WAS NOT THE PLACE FOR ADJUSTMENTS!! J - Great for getting to the lamp for replacement, but indeed not adjustment.

Then I wised up (sort of) and looked at the Lamp Assembly from straight on and saw that it indeed has an Adjustment Point - 4mm Allen Wench.

Looks like turning clockwise raises them? – but to be continued… for by dark I was too comfy to go back outside to find a deserted flat road. I plan to do so shortly. With these new cars you can’t “Just turn on the Fogs” so I take a few towels to drape over the headlamps while adjusting. J

Also noticed the Head Lamp Adjustment Point – 6mm Allen Wrench – looks like it only adjusts the Low Beam (projector) which is kinda typical now-a-days

Happy Adjustments - Enjoy!

Last edited:

Peco

Buick Ownership
Buick
Nice. Also you can turn on the fog lamps without the headlights being on. Just turn the Headlight switch to the left and a message will come up on the DIC "Automatic Headlights Off" and then hit the Fog lamp button.

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
Also you can turn on the fog lamps without the headlights being on. Just turn the Headlight switch to the left and a message will come up on the DIC "Automatic Headlights Off" and then hit the Fog lamp button.

Really? Thanks, I’ll have to try that on both the Encore & Sonic.

weekend_drive

BC
Buick Ownership
Encore AWD Leather
Thanks 08Bluesky

The euros get "rear fog lights" ... when more info hits the 'net, I would love to mod a second set of reverse lights. :)

Get your turbo buick badge right here!