Fog lamps

Jebaril

Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse Base
I just bought a new (unregistered) 2017 LaCrosse Base model (yeah, that one) yesterday. I am convinced that my fog lamps are not working. Nothing “brightens” whilst driving when I switch them on. Stopped and took a look; nope, nothing. Switch works and the light comes on in the display (goes off when high beams applied, which makes sense). Any ideas?

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Nice, maybe those work from dash mounted photo eye. Regular lighting only comes on in dusk condition on our '16 anyways or manual overide?

Many don't know difference between driving and fog lights. Fogs have sharp narrow focused beam to pierce ahead while driving spread light and hi-output. Those will reflect back even more than regular headlights in foggy weather😎

Yes too, after reading '07CXL post recall it's law in Canada for daylight running lights. Now with the Boss Mustangs (others also of coarse) those are installed where fog lights go. Think some lower states require also. Good memory jog.

Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Is your headlight switch set to Automatic or manual On when you press the fog light button?

Jebaril

Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse Base
So....just heard from the dealership. Rodents had eaten away at the wiring, so it was replaced. (Remember it was parked for a year and a half along a wall and under a pine tree.) Mystery solved.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.