Forum Moderator?

kranz38

Crown Point
Buick Ownership
Regal GS
Just curious who owns this forum... Does Buick provide it for us, and we can pay to remove ads or how does it work? All my previous forums are owned by a specific person so I just wanted clarification. Anyway, just wondering if there were suggestions or anything that we could recommend... I would love to have a for sale thread, even if it were general. Also, a post your pic/vid of each color regal would be cool to unclutter our pic page now. Other than that I think the customer service dept. is great and the forum is fairly large.

WHITEGS13

4.6L Northstar Member
CT.
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Regal GS
Always been curious on where this site is privately owned or owned by a company too. I agree with the "for sale" section for sure. There actually is a for sale section I found on here once, but because of it's location there were very few posts and fewer responses. Great site overall in my eyes.

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise
Click the link on the top of the page... Madison Ross Media Group Atomotive Communities, http://www.madisonross.com/

You can pay to remove ads, but its recurring (not a one time fee). And this is the most ads I've ever seen on one forum. There are no less than seven ads on the page, and it's ridiculous.

I think the site is good because of the community.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
this forum does need a updating

plus this forum is growing in size with a newer generation of customers

jimmyh

Floating like a Buick
Chicagoland
Buick Ownership
15 Enclave, 16 Verano Turbo, 2010 Camaro SS
It's owned by ONE person. He has to maintain the server, pay a company to admin it, and cover all fees, including legal out of his own pocket.

So before you go criticizing the ads, try to imagine running your own website that caters to a vehicle class that has almost NO aftermarket. Corvette and camaro forums are rolling in the money from the thousands of aftermarket vendors who are all fighting for attention. Buick owners aren't exactly prolific when it comes to mods.

WHITEGS13

4.6L Northstar Member
CT.
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Regal GS
I didn't pay to remove the ads. To be honest I've never seen one! I'm assuming it's something that runs in my Firefox that prevents the ads?

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
Just get AdBlock Plus for Chrome or Firefox. It blocks all of the ads, and it's free (also blocks YouTube ads as a bonus!)

And jimmy, just relax, I don't think he was ripping on the forum. He did ask if he could pay to remove the ads, and just had a few suggestions to make.

Azure

Buick Ownership
Buick
No adds using Tapatalk to access the forum...yet.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!