• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Found - Super Easy Fixes A/C Fan and Windshield Washer

Discod

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportback
I know I’ve read a few people complaining about the A/C fan being kind of lacking in output. I’ve only had my 2019 two months, but it has annoyed me as well. We shouldn’t need to set it on high for decent output. It’s 96 degrees today, and as I was driving I realized I should just close those back vents (in the console) to see what happens. Sure enough, I got a nice arctic blast out of the dash! I primarily drive alone, so this was a fast and easy fix that you may want to try. To close each, slide towards the center until it clicks.
The other complaint was how our washer fluid only sprays after the first “dry run” of the wipers, which seems bad for the windshield. Today I noticed that by not just doing one quick pull of the lever, but a slower pull, then continue pulling a beat longer, the washer fluid does spray prior to the wipers going, as it should.
Sorry if these aren’t the most technologically advanced fixes, but to me, the best take the least effort and I hope these help some of you 🙂

srqg8

I know I’ve read a few people complaining about the A/C fan being kind of lacking in output.
Is this a common issue? We live in FL, and truly appreciate how remarkably quick our 17 Acadia cools down in the insane heat. It starts out on “high,” but rapidly settles down within a couple of minutes. Does the TourX not have the traditionally-great GM A/C? (Lurking here as I was hoping to replace the Acadia with a TourX in 2 months.)

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Is this a common issue? We live in FL, and truly appreciate how remarkably quick our 17 Acadia cools down in the insane heat. It starts out on “high,” but rapidly settles down within a couple of minutes. Does the TourX not have the traditionally-great GM A/C? (Lurking here as I was hoping to replace the Acadia with a TourX in 2 months.)
Honestly from the death of R12 in automotive systems until the bankruptcy I have felt that GM AC systems were subpar. I had a 1982 Celebrity as my first car and even when it had 120,000 miles on it you could hang meat in that sucker - nothing had ever been done to the AC system. I've been in the mid 2000s GM vehicles (like an Equinox) and it couldn't keep up on a low humidity (but high heat) day.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the TourX but mine has the manual AC system, no automatic setting. I also tinted the windows to legal limits which helps with the amount of solar energy getting in through the windows.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I don't find the A/C to be all that bad in the car. On an extra hot day, I just point the passenger side vent towards me, to get some extra airflow my way. Then, after a couple of minutes, I point it back to the passenger side and angle it up, to circulate the air throughout. I also keep my rear cargo shade closed, so not wasted air goes back there.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
My Tour-X cools down just fine. Air comes out the center vent at 42/43F not as old as my other two cars, which comes out at 40F (but who is measuring). BTW, I don't have the windows tinted. Don't need it.

One of my other cars uses R134a. Other almost identical but newer car uses R1234yf. Tour-X uses R1234yf.

Discod

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportback
I have the Sportback, so maybe the fan speed issue doesn’t happen on the Tour-X? If it helps, great, if you don’t need it, no need to try 🙂 Mine also has the manual adjustment on the Preferred.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Honestly from the death of R12 in automotive systems until the bankruptcy I have felt that GM AC systems were subpar. I had a 1982 Celebrity as my first car and even when it had 120,000 miles on it you could hang meat in that sucker - nothing had ever been done to the AC system. I've been in the mid 2000s GM vehicles (like an Equinox) and it couldn't keep up on a low humidity (but high heat) day.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the TourX but mine has the manual AC system, no automatic setting. I also tinted the windows to legal limits which helps with the amount of solar energy getting in through the windows.
Yeah Dan manual system works great, never need to put on high unless car has been parked in sun. Even at 115 outside it works really good.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
I never run the A/C on auto because it acts strangely. I run it manually and I get no surprises.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Kind of a dumb realization, but today after a long hot bike ride I cranked mine on down to the 50s (and I was like wow, this thing goes down to the 50s, kewl!) and then on down to "Lo". For some reason, I was thinking the low 60s was the lowest it went. I think because it hasn't been that horribly hot here 'til now.

Anyway, it cooled down the car pretty quick, so all good here. I'd been closing the passenger vents - great tip @carsrmilife on closing the rears too, thanks. Thanks @Discod for the wiper tip also - that was a concern for me as well.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
We moved over from an Enclave. The difference is the Enclave has two separate blower motors (one for front seats, one for 2nd and 3rd rows). The TourX has one up front just like the Sportback so when it’s trying to cool down it takes awhile. The air is plenty cold, it just isn’t enough blower fan. Changing the auto setting to high helped, but still takes longer to cool the TourX than the Enclave.

I know the second blower motor isn’t cheap (had it fail on the Enclave so I know what the replacement cost) but someone at GM didn’t think about how much more cubic fees there is to cool in the TourX vs the Sportback.

Pedal Commander