• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Frame Rust - Left Front

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence
Has anyone else noticed rust on the frame near the front of the vehicle? I found some at the very tip of the frame on the driver’s side. I wish I could take a picture, but it’s obscured by the large, plastic cover beneath the radiator. I have circled the area on the picture below.

530D7765-CAAC-441D-A2FC-D775ED6C7631.jpeg

I will try to get a better look at it this evening after I service my floor jack. It needs some hydraulic fluid.

Would anyone mind looking at their frame and see if you notice any rust in that area?

Thanks in advance.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
My car has been in MN for 3 years...I would be shocked if there wasn't rust.
I know my car was in Michigan from December 2017 to March 2021. Living in the South, rust is generally not an issue. Just wanted to know if I should be concerned or not.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
I know my car was in Michigan from December 2017 to March 2021. Living in the South, rust is generally not an issue. Just wanted to know if I should be concerned or not.
Is this an area that can bee seen by crawling under the car without a jack? If so I can take a look at mine when I get home.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
Is this an area that can bee seen by crawling under the car without a jack? If so I can take a look at mine when I get home.
Yes, but you may have to remove a couple of the 6mm screws holding that plastic shroud up. If you don’t wanna get into all of that I understand. I was planning to jack it up this evening so I could get a better look at it.

Speaking of the plastic shroud, it has 6mm screws across the back side and what appears to be a special type of plastic fastener across the front. I wanted to remove the whole thing, but those clips are in there tight.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners