Free ATSG Transmission Repair Manual

Buick Ownership
Buick
OK, so this is kind of a Test to see just where this Forum stands in the grand scheme of things between the best and worst there are. And I've seen the best and worst too lol.
When searching for Transmission info you might get some forum discussions in your search results that have good info and if you are lucky you will find one with a link to a pdf repair manual, Just the one and nothing more. Then you start to see a trend that all the links you find are comming from one particular website in the Ukraine. I searched for info about that site and found it on none other than a Mopar A Bodies Only web site. There was some information about how to fiddle with the URL in order to find out if there was OTHER Trans model Repair Manuals to be found. Which to me says "You Do The Legwork, I Can't Be Bothered". SO, that is exactly what I DID and I Translated the page (Sort Of) and navigated to the main page where all their files reside.
After that I Wiki'd all the trans models mostly by Brand Chrysler, GM, Ford, Nissan, Toyota and pasted them into a text file as a list.

THEN I proceeded to download every single repair manual available. and copy and pasted the EXACT URL onto each corresponding line. There are some missing from the list because they are newer and some because they just weren't there, but I can be pretty certain that the ones people are going to need most are probably listed.
IF there is enough response to this post I will give up the entire list containing the URL's to no less than 175 different models of Slushbox that are Mostly ATSG Repair Manuals. Some are FSM style but most of those were Toyota anyway so Who Cares LOL

So, Can I get 100 shouts for all the free repair manuals you would ever use and then some??

Can I get 50 replies?

Or is it going to be like 5 ot 10 different users?

I'm going to post the list regardless, this is just a barometer for Forum Placement on the list from "Friggin Awesome" to "Only Hearing Crickets" LOL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL, 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Sure, let's see what is available. If not PM the list to me if would like to. Can't say if anyone else gets what you are offering (others who read this don't take it the wrong way) but they might just not get the title. I'm sure you can say what's not to understand, hey its the world we live in.

Like the post that starts out with "I went out to my car and it didn't start, what's wrong" my first comment would be "did you try the key" or "are you talking about standing outside trying or sitting inside and trying" or "did you say something to your car to make it mad at you" Oh I could go on but I think you understand the point, ATSG may not mean much if you don't know what ATSG is. Now who wants a manual from Air Transport Services Group, Inc. who is a leading provider of aircraft leasing and air cargo transportation. Yes they a complete seperate service group for the automotive automatic transmission

How about "Free GM automatic transmission manuals, various years and makes, free downloads"

Here's my Russian site for GM and others manufacturer's, parts list of older and some current models. When trying to find a "no longer available" part diagram, related parts and part number right now it's the best I've found, so far.

Каталоги запчастей в аренду

No problem from your post, lets just say I've been around the Internet since 28k dial up, when the only search engines were Veronica, Archie and Jughead, Netscape wasn't invited yet and HTML was as simple as DOS to write LMAO, so let's just say I sometimes see what others don't.

Share or don't, your call. I think it pretty good overall forum and have learned a lot, hopefully I added some help to others. I wish you well on your future and if it's here or on other forums.

1 down, 99 to go :)

Buick Ownership
Buick
Ya, I had me a 28K dial-up as well, but it was a little more recent as I just hadn't got around to getting the 56K yet, they had been out for a half a year and were still crazy stupid expensive still. Puters were doubling so fast back then that cutting edge was a bankroll and 1 yr old tech was pennies on the dollar, I am sure this ain't news to you, but I would always go for last years stuff and stay just a little ahead of the learning curve by reading reviews. I remember laughing so hard when people were so mad at Winblows 2000 thinking it was an upgrade to WinME lol. It actually WAS, they were just to lazy to notice, or smart enough to load their own drivers tc. But so many things were unsupported as far as popular hardware like gaming video cards. Aaaah What a Hoot.

Oh I am going to post the list, I did a recount and I've actually only got about 173 so I was off a bit.
People might not be familiar with ATSG, but the title Did Say Transmission Repair Manual so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

I remember a forum for a competing brand that had over 5,000 users and 1 day worth of posts would send you back over 10 pages where you could find tons of archived goodies and get help with literally anything, even home head porting techniques.with pictures of the ports, how to make a perfect useable template and warnings about the tricky trouble spots to go easy on so you don't get into the water jacket. And a post like this would have recieved so many shouts it would have damned near Broke The Website lmao.

The one thing I didn't like about this one is the site owners insecurities, forbidding the posting of url's directing to articles on other forums. That really cripples peoples ability to get and share knowledge. If I saw a kickass tech article on some Regal, GS, Monte Carlo forum and someone here was asking about the same thing, Well Tough cause that's against the rules ??? C-MON ! Not that the blatant advertisements EVEN within individual posts wasn't bad enough, like the forum is someone's only income. Sheesh!

I will likely stick around, it is just going to be difficult for me to pound it into my own head that it is because of the particular Model that there are so few good sources of info on the forum. It is the kind of car Grandma or Grandpa drives, not exactly performance material ideal for Hot Rodding etc. So Tech Archive here? Probably not so much, Good information being shared that is sourced from other sites? Only as long as it isn't from another Forum, (Or "Not Much At All"). Ya, that rule really is an Info Sharing Killer. More and more younger people are driving the Park and Lesabre and it isn't just the pimple faced tuner wannabe that is looking for info on adding 100 HP from a cold air intake, driving Grammies hand me down either. I actually read an article recently that said "The perfect Car For Broke Millenials" and I laughed because it is so true. I even talked my niece into buying one almost 10 years ago because it was a damn fine amount of "Car With Class" for the money spent which was well under 2 grand for a pearl white 98 Ultra with white leather that was maintained fairly well by a guy 75 to 80. So I think we will definately be seeing more younger people driving them and even if I can't find much in the way of useful and helpful tech, perhaps I can share some.

People who think Knowledge Is Power truly disgust me, they are just plain greedy and hiding behind Capitalism's supply and demand mentality. What I like to do is Steal The Power Away by giving the info away for Free. Do a search for Schwinn Date Codes and you will likely happen across a bit of previous work that people used to sell on ebay and it wasn't their work to even sell and most of what you would recieve was Toner Mess making near impossible to read the info. It was also just a partial of the real information, a "Cheat Sheet" it was called. A guy sent me a copy of the Factory Shop Foreman's Daily Log Of Serial Numbers from 1948 thru 1982 and I knew right away what I needed to do,.... Start typing! Had to teach myself basic html to do it, but I wrote it all out in a word file because those silly Web Page Editing software with their ugly templates just make it all look so cookie cutter. "Place img url here" "Give your link a name Here" Baaah! Did it the hard way.
Another Schwinn project was the 1971 Dealer Service Manual on CD I bought the manual, it was minty and never taken from its orig wrapper and even came with the orig registration card that dealers were supposed to send back to Schwinn, because Schwinn wanted them all back, it remained theor property. Ya, I scanned 996 Pages in full color and at a totally printable 8.5X11 size and mailed them to people for free. Crazy I know, but the info got out and the only requirement to get one was the promise to Burn the 2 CD's, put them in cases and mail them to someone else they know who would want one. I sent out 25 to start, then another 25 and they got to Canada, England, Puerto Rico etc etc. So I think it got circulated pretty well. lol

That Russian site you pasted the url to, I will have to translate and see what is there for the grabbing, might have to start another text file and scrub it clean and then share that one everywhere.

With this file I have now, I am hoping that some forum members are also on forums from other brands and will repaste it in as many other places as possible so more people can benefit from the work. It took me almost a week and I toiled over it for long hours. In saving them all it was a beast just making folders and sub folders for all of them lol

I still can't believe it has been all day long and still less than 2 doz views and only ONE reply, THIS is going to take some real getting use to for sure, it very nearly ranks in the "Only Hear Crickets" zone on the Forum scale.

Last edited:
Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL, 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The Russian site doesn't need translation, it's just if someone sees it for the first time they won't get confused, has a English drop down.

Copyright infringement is pretty much on all public sites radars, they need to protect themselves from the legal backlash, so I can understand why some items may be removed. Agree or disagree it's why we can't do 80 mph in a school zone because we feel like it, but there are plenty of places that you can go and exceed that legally.

Heck Mr. Rogers, yes that one, was a advocate for information to be downloaded, stored and used by private individuals, it was called Betamax LOL.

So there are places to have all information open for sharing and places to understand and respect the guidelines or just don't use it. Off soapbox now, back to automotive issues LOL.

Buick Ownership
Buick
POSTED PARTIAL TEXT IN THE LOUNGE/GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM !!

Turns out the website has a 20,000 Character LIMIT for posts, so I deleted whole chunks of text until it would accept it. And for good measure I also ATTACHED the original text file to the post so all you have to do is save the attachment and BAM, it is all there and pretty easy to share on other forums of Other Brands Etc.

Buick Ownership
Buick
Copyright infringement is pretty much on all public sites radars, they need to protect themselves from the legal backlash, so I can understand why some items may be removed. Agree or disagree it's why we can't do 80 mph in a school zone because we feel like it, but there are plenty of places that you can go and exceed that legally. /QUOTE

Yep, and it is a good thing I am not Selling actual paper copies of the material or it might be an issue. It is just a link to a website that is sharing it for free. They get pretty wierd about copyright stuff, like they don't really give a damn unless someone is Making Money from it, then LOOK OUT because that is when they turn Both Barrels On You with a TEAM of Lawyers and send you Directly to the poor house for Life.

Remember the band called the Verve? Hit song Bittersweet Symphony? Ya they came and then went in a hurry because Paul Mcartney told them NO when they asked if they could use a small riff of his in one of their tunes. They did it anyway, the Debut Album sold like gangbusters and old Beetle Boy sued them straight into non existance lol.

Buick Ownership
Buick
Wow, I had heard a report on the radio about it and just took it at that , without checking. WHY are people even allowed to say Anything when they are SO wrong ?? I just don't/Will Never Understand.

I'm really going to have to start pretending I am from Missouri more often LOL

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.