From Southwest Pa

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
Just agreed to buy an AWD Ruby Red from Cochran in Monroeville. Thanks to the used car manager Jim Birdsong. (gave us a reasonable trade evaluation). We have been dealing with Jim ever since our 92 Saturn SC & 08 Sky. We are due to pick up the car either today or tomorrow.

I love the "forums" for the community and sharing they provide. Very familiar with the Skyroadster Forum. And I recently joined the Sonicowners Forum due to last month's purchase of a Chevy Sonic hatchback.

I Love to see and post photos of the car. Have already taken some ? 70 ? Photos of the Encore while crawling around the local dealer's cars as we were trying to decide color, package and options.

Looking forward to sharing and growing in knowledge with you all.
Joe - from the Burgh
:)

adrunk

Silicon Valley
Buick Ownership
1-16-1992
Thanks for the pics .... it's a cute little (and I do mean little) engine, isn't it!

... the whole industry will be continuously moving toward ever smaller, force fed little engines for the sake of fuel economy ... and in most applications, that's a good thing.

But, there's plenty of power for normal daily driving.

If you punch it, it will burn (slightly) rubber ... don't tell the wife I peeled out in her new car, err Cute Ute, err Crossover.

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
Long story short (yeah right) the Red unit came in but had a crack in the windshield. My wife was not comfortable with a replacement windshield in a brand new car even if it was to be OEM and installed by the dealer. So all parties agreed to call off the deal.

As luck would have it, later that weekend we located a unit that had just come in at a more local dealer and they were very nice to match the trade price and work with us. So………. Though we changed colors and dealers….

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
If you punch it, it will burn (slightly) rubber ... don't tell the wife I peeled out in her new car, err Cute Ute, err Crossover.

adrunk – Peel out? - my guess is yours is the FDW not an AWD? – for I would'nt think the AWD would do such? ;)

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore
Update: Did NOT get the Red from Cochran in Monroeville (though I love the guys there) The car came in from Cleveland as scheduled BUT had a crack in the windshield. The Dealer offered to replace the windshield with an OEM (when received) but my wife was just not comfortable with a replaced windshield in a brand new car. So all parties agreed to call off the deal.

THEN!! As luck would have it – The local dealer (Bowser) just received a Cocoa Silver Metallic that has the same package. They too were very nice folks and offered to come up from their original offer and match the trade-in value.

So we changed Dealers & Colors and……….

mouseworks

Buick Ownership
Buick
Congrats. I'm partial to that color.

TC400

Pittsburgh, PA
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal TO7 (sold)
Glad to see a local on here! I got my regal from Wexford Buick. I took it to Cochran in Monroeville for a door rattle they couldn't find anything which is BS you can hear it. But nice Encore!

jimt

Buick Ownership
Buick
I do believe you will be much happier with cocoa silver, the color always look clean, nice pics . i got the white pearl tricoat , fun vehicle to drive.::

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
I have a similar windshield story. In order to find the color and trim level I wanted, my dealer had to go some 400 miles away, from Topeka, KS to AR. When the Encore arrived, it had a chip in the windshield. The driver, when questioned, said he did not mention it because he thought he would lose his job. Were I his employer, that would ensure he lost his job. Had he been truthful, he would keep it, as I am sure the chip wasn't his fault. Anyway they put a new GM windshield in it and I can't even tell it wasn't the original one.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!