Front airbag impact sensor connector code B0100 year 2005

Buickagain

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2005 LeSabre Limited - two of them
Code B0100 suggests replacing the front airbag sensor. To test whether power and messages were getting to the sensor I plugged a multimeter into the connector clip. It showed power was getting there, so I think I need a new impact sensor, but I suspect inserting the multimeter prongs may have damaged the connector. How would a person learn what the name of that connector is for the purpose of getting a new one? Google image search of the bottom middle image doesn't give an answer.

That yellow thing is the clip in question. The image on the right is of a better mechanic than me successfully inserting probes. Somehow I seem to have eliminated the small metal crossing pieces you can see in the holes in the image in the upper middle. Isn't really somehow. The good mechanic said he would front probe it very gingerly. When I couldn't get mine in gingerly, I just forced them in. Hence, my current problem. The video of the good mechanic testing this sensor is below in case anyone finds themselves with the same code.

airbagconnection2.png

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Can't tell you the name, but this site may have a end connector or something that may work. Junkyard or worse case a dealer might be a option for part or name part#.

Buickagain

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2005 LeSabre Limited - two of them
Thank you very much. It had not occurred to me that they would sell connectors.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!