• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Front and Rear Dash Cameras - GM (19418274) and Part No. : 19418275

danzig997

TourX Essence
Can you share your experience with Thinkware Dashcams sold by GM? Any car battery drain issues? In parking mode it records for 10 seconds before and 20 seconds after impact detection (because the camera is always awake).

The Thinkware F800 Pro is undoubtedly in the ‘premier league’ of dashcams; it’s said to be one of the best you can get and its performance proved nothing short of excellent. Other whistles and bells include a lane departure warning (which you can set a minimum speed for so it doesn’t kick in when driving locally) and forward collision warning (again, which you can adjust a minimum speed for) and a front vehicle departure warning, which seems a tad excessive if you are sat behind the wheel as you should be, watching the car in front of you pull away.

Premium Thinkware F800 Dashcam by EchoMaster - Associated Accessories
Part No. : 19418275
$399.99
  • Plug and Play installation with no cutting, splicing, or programming to vehicle
  • Features stunning HD 1080p video quality with a Sony STARVIS CMOS
  • Built in Wi-Fi
  • Parking Surveillance mode includes Impact Detection
  • Built in Advance Driver Assistance System (ADAS)
  • Super Night Vision
  • Includes 32GB SD memory card

Standard Thinkware F200 Dashcam by EchoMaster - Associated Accessories
Part No. : 19418274
MSRP $229.99
  • Plug and Play installation with no cutting, splicing, or programming to vehicle
  • Features stunning HD 1080p video quality
  • Built in Wi-Fi
  • Includes 16GB SD memory card

View attachment 24550
Having two dashcams fitted mean you can record what's happening front and rear at the same time

1596145049206.png

Attachments

Wlepse

NNJ
2018 Regal TourX Essence
No experience with Thinkware but have heard some good things. My recommendation is to get 4k though. I would also check Vortex Radar's YouTube channel, he did a show with the owner of blackboxmycar.com and I think they recommend so other brand then the Thinkware was 2nd. I have a Blackvue that has nice features but currently it isn't hooked up since my car goes dead randomly.

danzig997

TourX Essence
Thinkware is connected using ODBII port and works with ASS Thinkware HWK-TW01 Dash Cam OBD-II Installation Kit OBD2 Hardwire Install Power 609098830492 | eBay

The EchoMaster OBD II Power Cable will allow the installation of a THINKWARE Dash Cam into any vehicle. This kit was designed to simplify installation and ensure seamless integration for enabling the built-in Parking Surveillance Mode in your THINKWARE Dash Cam.

Lt0302

Regal Sportsback GS
Can you share your experience with Thinkware Dashcams sold by GM? Any car battery drain issues? In parking mode it records for 10 seconds before and 20 seconds after impact detection (because the camera is always awake).

The Thinkware F800 Pro is undoubtedly in the ‘premier league’ of dashcams; it’s said to be one of the best you can get and its performance proved nothing short of excellent. Other whistles and bells include a lane departure warning (which you can set a minimum speed for so it doesn’t kick in when driving locally) and forward collision warning (again, which you can adjust a minimum speed for) and a front vehicle departure warning, which seems a tad excessive if you are sat behind the wheel as you should be, watching the car in front of you pull away.

Premium Thinkware F800 Dashcam by EchoMaster - Associated Accessories
Part No. : 19418275
$399.99
  • Features stunning HD 1080p video quality with a Sony STARVIS CMOS
  • Built in Wi-Fi
  • Built in Advance Driver Assistance System (ADAS)
  • Super Night Vision
  • Includes 32GB SD memory card

Standard Thinkware F200 Dashcam by EchoMaster - Associated Accessories
Part No. : 19418274
MSRP $229.99
  • Features stunning HD 1080p video quality
  • Built in Wi-Fi
  • Includes 16GB SD memory card

View attachment 24550
Having two dashcams fitted mean you can record what's happening front and rear at the same time

View attachment 24551
I had it installed on my car when I bought it. worked for the first few months......now it is just a decoration. GM cannot get it to work properly. They have been trying to figure it out for the past 1.5 years!

Maybe she is mad at me because she no longer talks to me. She used to warm me of speed cameras etc......not anymore! The honeymoon is over.

danzig997

TourX Essence
It looks that other users have the same experience, maybe it has great hardware but poor software especially for a $399.99 camera. Here are some reviews from Amazon:

"DO NOT BUY THIS CAMERA. None of the saved videos load properly as they are EXTREMELY choppy and laggy that you cannot even watch the video. The app is terribly outdated and does nothing. Connecting to wifi or hotspot is a pain in the ass and doesn't even work 99% of the time. Do not waste your time or money, I am extremely disappointed for how much I paid. Extremely disappointed. Unit overheats and reboots constantly (85 degree F days, not 100+) This renders the entire unit unusable. After spending hours carefully routing cables through the car to install, now what? Stuck with a dash camera that doesn't record! Good product but the app is poorly built. With 2 minutes of use, I identified the following issues: from switching from rearview to front view, the view gets stuck in front view and no longer switches to rear until re-connection with a dashcam. The vehicle locate function doesn't work. I read a lot of reviews prior to purchasing the F800. I also own 2 F750 models already, both of which have been awesome little units, with ZERO trouble. But I got a new car and I figured I'd upgrade to the F800. Many people have been talking about poor performance or equipment problems with the F800, but I figured I've had 2 units of the same line, so I'd just go with it. Well, yeah... I'm disappointed. This thing is terrible! The wifi connection is incredibly unstable, it flat out refuses to accept any configuration changes, it reboots repeatedly and drops the wifi connection, the rear camera does not come thru and when you select the "flip side" camera button in live view, it immediately crashes the app and the camera, and so much more. I sat in my car for 2 1/2 hours messing with it, rebooting it, playing with the app, restarting my phone, and more. It just won't stay connected, it won't take any configuration changes, it crashes immediately upon trying to view the rear camera, and more.

Also, a lot of people have been giving bad reviews on the cloud storage feature, but I can't speak to that because I can't even get the camera to connect long enough to set it up.

This unit is going back. I'll probably just go get another F750 since I know that one works
."

Get your turbo buick badge right here!