Front Brake Pads

Thread starter #1

Stimak1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Regal T
I took my 2016 Regal T for new brake pads and rotors to a local shop yesterday. Mileage is 29,200 - at the end of the day I was told I would have to check with the dealer for pads as none of locals (Autozone, O'Reilly, Advance, NAPA) has them. They are Brembos and what I am told is VIN with the last 7 digits under 9110000 (my VIN meets this criteria) have an early design bracket and the pads need to be ordered through the dealer, specific to the VIN. This scares the hell out of me, sounds like $$$$. Looking to see if anyone else out there has run into this? This all came to light yesterday. I will check with the dealer Wednesday but am hopeful of other options if I don't like what they say. Further that, I cannot believe I may own a vehicle where a basically simple maintenance item is such a problem. Hopefully someone on this forum can get my blood pressure back down with some calming advice. :)

Thread starter #4

Stimak1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Regal T
The Regal T doesn't have Brembo brakes. I just put standard ceramic pads on the front of my car.
Thank you for your input. You are correct, my "T" does not have Brembo calipers. I passed on information I was given without verifying. I did learn through this the 2016 has pads for Gen 1 and Gen 2. Standard premium ceramic pads for 2016 Regal from O'Reilly did not fit. From what I have learned VIN with the last 7 digits under 9110000 is Gen 1 - over is Gen 2.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
The GM site shows only one pad set for a 2016 non-Brembo 23316342. Did you look at your current pad design before going to the O'Reilly site?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.