• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Front rotors & pads

luke_dubs

Macedonia, Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Regal GS
At some point, I'll have to replace the front brake pads on my GS, and as it looks like the rotors have seen better days, I want to replace them too. So far, in terms of pads, I'm thinking about going with Akebono pads (from RockAuto).

I'm unsure about rotors. RockAuto has a lot of options, but I'm not sure what I want. I want slotted OR drilled rotors, not both; but I don't want premature failure of the pads. To avoid premature failure of the pads, I want to just replace the rotors with regular rotors, of course from the 'premium' section so I have good stopping power.

Any suggestions? Keep in mind that I don't have a TON of income at the moment, and I want to save money where I can. Thanks in advance.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
why do want slotted or drilled rotors, are you doing autocross or any kind of competition event?
in normal driving the stock rotors are fine.
How about the AC-Delco 18A2937AC

luke_dubs

Macedonia, Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Regal GS
why do want slotted or drilled rotors, are you doing autocross or any kind of competition event?
in normal driving the stock rotors are fine.
How about the AC-Delco 18A2937AC
I was thinking about using the modified rotors just to improve stopping power even more for everyday driving. The only options I could find for those are rotors that are drilled and slotted. Nothing I'm looking for. Probably will go for the rotors you suggested, or something similar.

Pedal Commander