• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Front seat badging on the GS

KMNewman

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
Can the GS badges, embedded in the front seats, be swapped out?
The GS Badges on my front seats are blacked out, while images from the Buick sales brochures show them in red.
I prefer the red badge. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• RGS.jpg
    RGS.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 40
  • RGS11 2.jpg
    RGS11 2.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 41

GranSport2019

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS - NAIAS Display Vehicle
Yes, those badges do come out, and I have swapped my Red GS seat emblems for the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia GSi emblems. Lucky this is a very easy swap, they are clipped in so there is no need to pull the seat apart. All it took was a firm pull from the side of the badge and they popped. Just don't be to rough you don't want to break the emblem.

Do you have a 2020 GS? I haven't heard of them having a black badge.

Attachments

• IMG_4295.JPG
    IMG_4295.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4296.JPG
    IMG_4296.JPG
    407.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4298.JPG
    IMG_4298.JPG
    326.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 1580180152613.png
    1580180152613.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

KMNewman

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
No. I have a 2018 RGS which I bought used in early 2019.
It didn't have the sport pedal accessory either. No big deal, I'm just trying to add some of the trim accessories I like. If the car was still being sold today, you'd probably have to pay extra for the blacked out emblems :)
Regarding the GS seat emblem. How is it attached? Is it a "tongue and groove" friction fit?
Thanks for your insight.

GranSport2019

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS - NAIAS Display Vehicle
I took a few pictures of the back of the badge to show the teeth. I don't have any other pictures of the teeth inside the seat other then what I posted. Just give a firm pull from the side and they pop out. It's a 10 second swap :)

Attachments

• IMG_4671.JPG
    IMG_4671.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4672.JPG
    IMG_4672.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4673.JPG
    IMG_4673.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 12

toritofarruco

Buick Ownership
Opel Insignia GS Ultimate OPC
Sí, esas insignias salen, y he cambiado mis emblemas de asiento Red GS por los emblemas Opel/Vauxhall Insignia GSi. Afortunadamente, este es un intercambio muy fácil, están enganchados, por lo que no es necesario separar el asiento. Todo lo que se necesitó fue un tirón firme desde el costado de la placa y estallaron. Simplemente no seas demasiado duro, no quieres romper el emblema.

¿Tienes una GS 2020? No he oído hablar de que tengan una placa negra.

toritofarruco

Buick Ownership
Hola
Mi nombre es Enrique(Henry) y te escribo desde España. Me he registrado en el foro porque necesito su ayuda. Te escribo porque no se como escribir en el foro para pedir ayuda.
La cuestión es que tengo un Opel Insignia GS OPC (versión para Europa) que es igual al que se llama Buick Regal GS en USA.
Pero aquí en los asientos no hay emblema GS, solo en la versión deportiva, viene de serie, el emblema GSI (logotipo).
El caso es que me gustaría comprar el logo (emblema) de los asientos USA que dice GS (en rojo).
En las páginas oficiales como GMpartsonline no hacen envíos internacionales. He encontrado este emblema (logotipo) en ebay.com pero tiene un precio exagerado y gastos de envío desproporcionados. El OEM de este emblema es GM 39156640.
Me gustaría comprar dos (uno por plaza) y por eso me gustaría saber si a vosotros, que estáis al otro lado del charco, os sale más barato comprarlo y luego enviarlo a España. Tampoco sé cuál será su coste final.
Espero su respuesta y ayuda.

Attachments

• IMG_20211231_135906.jpg
    IMG_20211231_135906.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 3
Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

toritofarruco

Buick Ownership
Tomé algunas fotos de la parte posterior de la insignia para mostrar los dientes. No tengo otras fotos de los dientes dentro del asiento que no sean las que publiqué. Solo dale un tirón firme desde el costado y saldrán. Es un intercambio de 10 segundos.:)

Attachments

• IMG_20211231_135906.jpg
    IMG_20211231_135906.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Translated:
Hello
My name is Enrique(Henry) and I am writing to you from Spain. I have registered in the forum because I need your help. I write to you because I don't know how to write in the forum to ask for help.
The point is that I have an Opel Insignia GS OPC (version for Europe) which is the same as the one called Buick Regal GS in the USA.
But here on the seats there is no GS emblem, only in the sports version, it comes as standard, the GSI emblem (logo).
The fact is that I would like to buy the logo (emblem) of the USA seats that says GS (in red).
On official pages such as GMpartsonline they do not ship internationally. I found this emblem (logo) on ebay.com but it has an exaggerated price and disproportionate shipping costs. The OEM for this emblem is GM 39156640.
I would like to buy two (one per square) and that is why I would like to know if it is cheaper for you, who are on the other side of the pond, to buy it and then send it to Spain. I also don't know what the final cost will be.
I look forward to your response and help.
Hello Enrique, welcome to the forum!

From my brief search, the cheapest sites will cost 80 USD to ship two emblems to a US address. To then ship the part to Spain will be an additional 40 USD. These are rough estimations, but overall you'd be looking at $120+ to go this route.

Alternatively, the eBay route will cost $140 and offer better buyer protection, tracking, and ease of ordering.

Either way, it will be expensive for a relatively small package. Unless there is someone here with experience shipping internationally, I am not sure it will be worth the effort for either party involved. Not to say I am not willing to give it a try... but seems like a bit of a hassle for not much cost savings.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners