• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Front Suspension Noise - Looking for Similar Experience!

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Got mine fixed today. Took car in at 9:15. Spoke with tech and got a ride home at 9:30. They picked me up when done at 15:00. Dealer did the TSB and also an alignment. Very pleased.

Wednesday and Thursday morning will be cold for Florida, (upper 30's) so it is a great time to test the fix.
Temp this morning down to 50F Suspension was quiet.
Tomorrow morning and Thursday morning, will be down around 40F. So far, looking good . (Will then bring Service Personnel and Technician some Apple and Cherry Turnovers as a thank you).

toga94m

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Does anyone know when the "fix" went into place? I have a May 18 build tourX and live in cold Michigan. Have not heard front end noise yet at 3000 miles and 4 months.
I'm nearly identical - 5/18 build, 2900 miles, 4 months, cold NY (it was 14F this morning). Haven't heard anything that would offend me. Any odd sounds I've gotten lately are related to snow buildup in the wheel wells. Or the bag of empty soda bottles expanding as the car warms up. :)

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
Similar criteria on my end.

05/18 build, 2900 miles, purchased Dec 2018, NYC metro area.

Noise comes and goes, most times shows itself during light/moderate braking on uneven surfaces.

It is much more evident on the passenger side, in fact, when going over speed bumps, even at very slow speeds, there is quite a bang coming from that side.

Regardless, there is no apparent impact to the overall stability/tracking…vehicle drives straight and true with minimal steering correction. I dread bringing it in to the monkey-lads at my local dealer for fear of what they may screw up.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I am not excited about having to replace the Lower control arms as you are at the mercy of the dealer Tech, especially the alignment after the repair..
I little story. I have a sensitive feel to how a car operates. I noticed on my stepson's F-150 the steering just didn't seem right. Pulled every so slightly and then tried to self correct. No one else but me noticed.

I did some research. Apparently the new high tech electric power steering has internal sensors that try to correct the vehicle to steer straight and correct for road crown, wind side load, etc. If the alignment is a bit of, the steering fights itself.
The dealer was asked to check it out during a routine first oil change and to repair water entry into the door locks.
the truck was off every so slightly, I was really concerned they would make matters worse.
Cu-do's to the Tech that did the alignment, he got it dead nuts. Me of little faith, as I been burned in the past. If I have the front end work done on the TourX, I hope that same Tech changed jobs and is working at the Buick dealer.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I am not excited about having to replace the Lower control arms as you are at the mercy of the dealer Tech, especially the alignment after the repair..
I little story. I have a sensitive feel to how a car operates. I noticed on my stepson's F-150 the steering just didn't seem right. Pulled every so slightly and then tried to self correct. No one else but me noticed.

I did some research. Apparently the new high tech electric power steering has internal sensors that try to correct the vehicle to steer straight and correct for road crown, wind side load, etc. If the alignment is a bit of, the steering fights itself.
The dealer was asked to check it out during a routine first oil change and to repair water entry into the door locks.
the truck was off every so slightly, I was really concerned they would make matters worse.
Cu-do's to the Tech that did the alignment, he got it dead nuts. Me of little faith, as I been burned in the past. If I have the front end work done on the TourX, I hope that same Tech changed jobs and is working at the Buick dealer.
You mean Kudos, right?

Have some faith in these techs. They’re not all hillbilly dudes that know nothing. Replacing a control arm and doing an alignment isn’t complex... like trying to time an IDI diesel with a dial gauge.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
You mean Kudos, right?

Have some faith in these techs. They’re not all hillbilly dudes that know nothing. Replacing a control arm and doing an alignment isn’t complex... like trying to time an IDI diesel with a dial gauge.
Kudos. It was the spell checker, I swear!
Tech do have it tough, From dealing with rusty stuck parts to doing diagnosis and understanding the latest systems and tools.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I've noticed the sound a lot less when the temps dropped below 20 degrees F. It typically shows up the most between 20-50 degrees F.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I've noticed the sound a lot less when the temps dropped below 20 degrees F. It typically shows up the most between 20-50 degrees F.
My car before the fix had this noise coming up every time under braking when the temp is below 20F.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Mine is a 2/18 build date. Control arms were replaced and no noise since.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Temps this morning in Central Florida was 41F. Took car on streets where it always made the rattle in the past. ALL QUIET. Car drives and handles great.

Went and purchased some pastries, took them to Service Department as a thank you. (The young tech that did the job LOVES pastries).

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Not my intention to stir up anything but I had the work done and I hit an incline yesterday and the car did groan like it did before the replacement. It has been silent under braking but I will try to replicate the noise again, without plowing into every driveway I can find.

Hope it was a fluke but I will be paying attention to it and driving with the radio off.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Got mine done today, no sound but warm today. Nice drive down to Bullhead, they did job and alignment in a few hours.
Local dealer pissed me off so took it to who I bought it from, Findlay Chevy Buick GMC.
One of the biggest dealer networks here is Findlay, they started with Olds franchise in Vegas.

wi_badger

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick
Not my intention to stir up anything but I had the work done and I hit an incline yesterday and the car did groan like it did before the replacement. It has been silent under braking but I will try to replicate the noise again, without plowing into every driveway I can find.

Hope it was a fluke but I will be paying attention to it and driving with the radio off.
Mine has the same issue with the noise coming primarily from the front drivers side. I also have a similar noise when turning the steering wheel left or right at about 50% of the way to lock. I'm due for my second oil change so I will see what they can find.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Mine has a build date of 12/17 and after 2500 miles they are still quiet and I live in a cold winter climate--it's 18 degrees F outside this morning. There, I just jinxed myself.
Mine is 12/17 build now with 4,000 miles and I get slight indication of the control arm rattle but no consistent enough to take it in nor do passengers notice.

Looking forward to free front end alignment in the future.

jjbosco

Detroit Metro
Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX Essence +all
My TourX had the front suspension noises from day 1. Luckily my dealer had the parts replaced the next day.

Here they are installed:
View attachment 14192
Thanks for the picture.... Was going to have mine done tomorrow, but my concern was, is this a noise only issue, and not a structural problem.... Cancelling my appointment and sticking with my forged steel arms for now, rather than these stamped metal versions... Maybe well get a full explanation of the change from Buick...

Pedal Commander