• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Front Suspension Noise - Looking for Similar Experience!

Lt0302

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportsback GS
So my car is back at the dealer getting the control arms replaced again. It recently developed a clicking noise in the steering which the dealer says is from the control arms.

The steering noise started after about 1000 miles on the replacement control arms.

mine was in but got told that they cannot replace them because of the strike!...

Red_X

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I got mine in April so I haven't experienced this yet... but I did go over a speed bump last night when it was around 50 and I felt the front right go a little goofy. My 1/18 build is not part of the TSB. I may talk to the dealer about this next oil change to see if I need control arms anyway.

.saint

I have been getting this same noise on my 18 TourX recently. I haven't dug through all 14 pages of this thread yet but chiming in to say I am also having this issue.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I got mine in April so I haven't experienced this yet... but I did go over a speed bump last night when it was around 50 and I felt the front right go a little goofy. My 1/18 build is not part of the TSB. I may talk to the dealer about this next oil change to see if I need control arms anyway.
Kinda doubt it is not in TSB if making noise, The person who told you that probably meant recalls.
Just wait till cold morning so the service writer can hear it, some dealers will not take your word about noise.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I have been getting this same noise on my 18 TourX recently. I haven't dug through all 14 pages of this thread yet but chiming in to say I am also having this issue.
See if they can get parts or get in the clogged pipeline. I guess if parts from germany they might be faster or slower depending on strike priorties.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
To those who have the noise.

It does NOT happen when going over large bumps.

It only happens when going over very slight ripple bumps, or even no bumps, or even very light braking, and then only when the outside temperature is down around 50F or lower. Sounds like something is loose in the front suspension or brakes. Even when doing it, as the outside temperature warms up, the noise stops.

That is how it was with my car before they changed out the Lower Control Arms. Much less complicated repair than I thought. Brought car in around 8:30 and was finished by noon.

Either way, car is NOT Unsafe. Just live with it until they can get the parts in.

Red_X

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Kinda doubt it is not in TSB if making noise, The person who told you that probably meant recalls.
Just wait till cold morning so the service writer can hear it, some dealers will not take your word about noise.
No, there was a website that told me what VIN/serial numbers were affected, and mine was made after those.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Does anyone have a new gen. Regal that has not made noise from front suspention at freezing temperatures?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
No, there was a website that told me what VIN/serial numbers were affected, and mine was made after those.
Well if GM won't replace under warranty..... TSB or not, then late build Regals have another problem.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I'm going to call Buick US first, to see if they can tell dealership to order parts first.

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
yup, the lower temps brought back a creak that was not quite as loud at 2000 miles as it is at 8600 miles. I stopped by the dealer for a free wash and set up an appointment a few weeks out for diagnostic. We shall see how long it takes to get the parts and do the service. They had the TSB on file and acknowledged the change in temps would indicate exactly the reco'd fix.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I hated the noise, had TSB done a long time ago.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
the first set made a little noise....the new ones lasted 2 months and the noise these make sound like a ball joint is popping every time I take a turn or go over a bump
That sucks, if I were you I would have another dealer diagnose and order parts. Maybe not installed correctly?

Pedal Commander