• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Front Suspension Noise - Looking for Similar Experience!

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Does anyone that had a replaced part that didn't make the noise last winter but have the noise coming back this winter?

eccs19

Buick Ownership
Regal
did they give yo an ETA on the parts?...mine were ordered during the strike and nothing so far
No. I know the one service guy and he just said he'd call when they arrive. I didn't question the time, as I'm in no rush. I'm not expecting it any time soon based off what I've read in this post, so I never left myself with any expectations.

mctschaenn

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I just dropped my TourX off at the dealer for this same problem. I hope they find this GM notice of what is the problem. I had the mechanic ride with me to show him what the problem was. He was quite surprised by the sound.

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Got my diagnosis from the dealer this morning. Hopefully with the strike over the supply lines will get parts moving along to the dealers again. Might as well coordinate the winter oil change & service at the same, probably before Thanksgiving. Then get the snowtires mounted.

regfootball

Have had my new 19 tourx for about 5 weeks now. The noise has been there almost the whole time and it’s getting to be a daily annoyance between that and the audio dropouts. I guess I will have to schedule something with the dealer. Insult to injury, some pr$%k door dinged me today and cut all the way through the paint on my drivers door just about. They were parked over the line and obviously didn’t care about whether they hit my car or not.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Have had my new 19 tourx for about 5 weeks now. The noise has been there almost the whole time and it’s getting to be a daily annoyance between that and the audio dropouts. I guess I will have to schedule something with the dealer. Insult to injury, some pr$%k door dinged me today and cut all the way through the paint on my drivers door just about. They were parked over the line and obviously didn’t care about whether they hit my car or not.
Side Molding time, see accessories thread.

carmudgeon

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tourx
Does anyone that had a replaced part that didn't make the noise last winter but have the noise coming back this winter?
I had my front control arms replaced last winter because of the noise and this winter they're making noise again. Not like before, now its just a creak/groan like a bushings failed.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence

Recently I had to jam on the breaks hard because some douchebag jumped in my lane from a dead stop.

Big surprise....the Bimmer had NJ tags... go figure.

I heard sort of a grinding noise (like rotors being scored from worn pads). Pulled the tires and the pads had plenty of meat on them and rotors were smooth.

Yesterday, I had to lean on the breaks to stop at a light which I probably should blown through. I heard a similar noise as above, but it was more reminiscent of the lower control arm issue as the sound was not continuous but rather rattle(ly) sounding.

I'm now at 20k total miles (about 17k miles on new control arms) and continuing to monitor.

In both cases, pedal effort was quite extreme and the car's nose was dipping quite low. I'm sure the Buick app is going to register those braking events.

Why do you ask @liuby33 ? Are you hearing something, too?

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Recently I had to jam on the breaks hard because some douchebag jumped in my lane from a dead stop.

Big surprise....the Bimmer had NJ tags... go figure.

I heard sort of a grinding noise (like rotors being scored from worn pads). Pulled the tires and the pads had plenty of meat on them and rotors were smooth.

Yesterday, I had to lean on the breaks to stop at a light which I probably should blown through. I heard a similar noise as above, but it was more reminiscent of the lower control arm issue as the sound was not continuous but rather rattle(ly) sounding.

I'm now at 20k total miles (about 17k miles on new control arms) and continuing to monitor.

In both cases, pedal effort was quite extreme and the car's nose was dipping quite low. I'm sure the Buick app is going to register those braking events.

Why do you ask @liuby33 ? Are you hearing something, too?
I have had no creak/grown from the new (8000 miles) lower control arms in like I had from the old ones but I swear there is a knock when the wheel drops. Ex. when the wheel drops into a hole or off a drop the wheel will hit the ground FOLLOWED by a knock that is almost like the suspension extending/trying to catch up to where the wheel is. I am positive the dealer won't notice it but it bugs me. Hopefully it becomes more pronounced and I can get fixed still under warranty.

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
I have had no creak/grown from the new (8000 miles) lower control arms in like I had from the old ones but I swear there is a knock when the wheel drops. Ex. when the wheel drops into a hole or off a drop the wheel will hit the ground FOLLOWED by a knock that is almost like the suspension extending/trying to catch up to where the wheel is. I am positive the dealer won't notice it but it bugs me. Hopefully it becomes more pronounced and I can get fixed still under warranty.
^^^
This. I've had the clunk from Day 1, more pronounced on the right side. making me nuts when coupled with the CAC (control arm creak).

Taking it to a different dealer on Monday for oil change and diagnosis...local dealer (NJ) is a turd and claims there is no groan or rattle or clunk. Going to a dealer in Rochester NY near my other office location. Hoping for the best.

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
^^^
This. I've had the clunk from Day 1, more pronounced on the right side. making me nuts when coupled with the CAC (control arm creak).

Taking it to a different dealer on Monday for oil change and diagnosis...local dealer (NJ) is a turd and claims there is no groan or rattle or clunk. Going to a dealer in Rochester NY near my other office location. Hoping for the best.
Glad someone else notices it. I only hear it from the passenger side also.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
So that makes 3 of us...

I swear there is a knock when the wheel drops. Ex. when the wheel drops into a hole or off a drop the wheel will hit the ground FOLLOWED by a knock that is almost like the suspension extending/trying to catch up to where the wheel is.
Yep, I've got that noise too. And also agree it happens more with a bump (or hole in this case) on the right side. I've tried complaining to the dealer on two different occasions and both times they said that there is no unusual noise and that everything is tight.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
My fwd Sportback, build date 01/18, hasn't had any suspension noise in 14 months and about 14k miles.
Thats impressively lucky, or do you live on a tropical island?
Better come to Vegas, or buy some lottery tickets!

wi_badger

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick
So that makes 3 of us...

Yep, I've got that noise too. And also agree it happens more with a bump (or hole in this case) on the right side. I've tried complaining to the dealer on two different occasions and both times they said that there is no unusual noise and that everything is tight.
Same here. Been to the dealer and was also told they can't find anything. Also noticed it more going from driveway with a larger curb to the street when the driveway angles down. Must be some weight shift associated with that angle.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Same here. Been to the dealer and was also told they can't find anything. Also noticed it more going from driveway with a larger curb to the street when the driveway angles down. Must be some weight shift associated with that angle.
Interesting. Are you talking about a shift in weight back to front or side to side?

Any chance sway bar bushings or links may be the culprit and produce noise in both scenarios? Anyone here knowledgeable in suspensions?

wi_badger

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick
Interesting. Are you talking about a shift in weight back to front or side to side?

Any chance sway bar bushings or links may be the culprit and produce noise in both scenarios? Anyone here knowledgeable in suspensions?
In my informal, non-expert opinion when I leave this particular driveway it's a decline putting the nose of the car down. When I transition from the driveway to the road it's not smooth and there is more weight on the nose than if the car was level. Seems to result in the noise more frequently or more pronounced. So could be a geometry/angle issue or weight issue.

Somewhere in one of these threads someone offered an opinion on another component having some contribution to the noise. I don't remember but maybe ball joints or tie rod ends.

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
Thats impressively lucky, or do you live on a tropical island?
Better come to Vegas, or buy some lottery tickets!
Columbus, Ohio area; far from Arctic, but single digits (F) most winters, sub-zero (F) many years. I guess I just got lucky.

Pedal Commander