Front Suspension Noise - Looking for Similar Experience!

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
No ETA available for the new control arms or replacement in my TourX. I will write another review if or when this problem gets fixed. This was a $40K Buick. Not happy with the dealership sales department or that my new Buick already has problems.
Our cars are usable. We bought first year models and some of this is to be expected. If we're still waiting for parts in a month, I'll have a less apologetic view. For now there is high demand for the parts because many owners are complaining about the issue.

Thread starter #62
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Went into the dealer today and they told me that there's a bulletin for replacing control arms for front suspension, with problem description the same as my issue, so they just went ahead and order the parts. Told me around 1-2 weeks ETA, happy that they acknoledge the issue and waiting to see if it gets fixed.

Thread starter #63
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Our cars are usable. We bought first year models and some of this is to be expected. If we're still waiting for parts in a month, I'll have a less apologetic view. For now there is high demand for the parts because many owners are complaining about the issue.
Well to be completely fair the issue is not related to any new technology. Regal shares its chassis with a lot of cars including the Malibu which is not exactly a new car itself, and I assume there's no significant change in the front McPherson strut which on its own is a fairly mature technology. Maybe there's something wrong with this batch of production, who knows? If it's not safetly related, within warranty and can be fixed easily, I'm OK with GM being quiet about this.

Purdue876

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback GS
Test drove a 2018 Regal Sportback GS yesterday and the outlined noise was present for me. I liken it to stepping on an old wood floor and the associated creaking sound. Attaching a video link Brake noiseof the test drive and you can see my foot and speeds. Worse if braking over bumps. Took a sales guy for a ride and the issue dissipated by half or more. Service guy joined (now three grown men in the car) and only a faint issue. Seems weight or driving for a while reduce the issue. I left the car, dealership drove it again hours later in a cooled-down state. Problem returned. Click here for video

DoUSail2

Buick Ownership
Her 2018 Regal TourX Essence, Frost, Convenience 1&2, S&S
Just joined this Forum tonight and glad I did. We also have this issue on our new TourX with just over 1000 miles. Its my wife's car so i haven't had much of a chance to hear this. I drove it myself and it does make a clunking sound upon braking.

MHoyt

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Tour X
I had the same issue as well, the dealer ordered and replaced control arms per the service bulletin and all is well now. I also had an issue with the Speed Limit display not ever working (always just had a - in the sign). The dealer found a software update apparently for a different vehicle but did the update and now that works as well.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Pontiacs G8 had certain vehicles recalled for ball joints. Wonder if Holden and Opel used some of same OEM suppliers overseas?
LJ

2018TourX

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Just got a call from the Buick service department. Parts are "shipped and expected next week". So roughly a 3 week turnaround, hopefully. When fixed I will write an update.

2018TourX

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I had the same issue as well, the dealer ordered and replaced control arms per the service bulletin and all is well now. I also had an issue with the Speed Limit display not ever working (always just had a - in the sign). The dealer found a software update apparently for a different vehicle but did the update and now that works as well.
Any chance you can find out what exactly what they did or what the "other vehicle" is? Mine has the same dash symbol in the speed limit sign.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
May have missed it, but has anyone got one without the noise?
Heard mine make noise.
Taking mine in for 1st free oil change this mornng.
Want to get bulk Dexos oil done so can go to my normal Mobil1.
Less then 2K miles, will use their oil and filter to clean engine.
Hopefully will have them order parts for campaigns.
LJ

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
So has anyone had replacement A-arms done, and had no more noise?
Thanks
LJ
PS just noticed text by 18TourX..Sounds like fix actually does.

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Tour X
So has anyone had replacement A-arms done, and had no more noise?
Thanks
LJ
PS just noticed text by 18TourX..Sounds like fix actually does.
Yes, my sound is gone after getting them swapped.

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Is it April 1st? Is your car AWD and same TSB as TourX?
You are kidding.. did they just tell you they did the TSB?
Or GM does not have it figured out.
LJ

Buick Ownership
Buick
Is it April 1st? Is your car AWD and same TSB as TourX?
You are kidding.. did they just tell you they did the TSB?
Or GM does not have it figured out.
LJ
Lol. I wish it was April 1st. They had my car AWD GS for about four weeks and had me in a loaner car the whole time. I drove it home from the dealer with the radio on not even thinking there was still an issue and never heard anything.
Today I got curious, shut the radio off and tried to replicate the noise not thinking it would be there. The first time I made a semi “panic” stop the noise was 100% present. Did it again thinking maybe it was a fluke, but no such luck. I didn’t hear back from the dealer today, so I’ll reach out to them tomorrow.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
The noise now that the temps here are consistently in the 30s (F) is hilariously loud and apparent. It's been a few weeks and I have not yet heard that the parts are available to fix my car.

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Tour X
Any chance you can find out what exactly what they did or what the "other vehicle" is? Mine has the same dash symbol in the speed limit sign.
Sorry just noticed your question. I took a look at my invoice and it says: "Reprogram IPC per DOC 18248 Program Code #6079F". Doesn't mean much to me, but I assume it would to the technician, home that helps.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.